sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the frankenlift premium 2 and I installed an ARB front bumper and Warn winch. Now the front is sagging. Any advice?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the HD coils?

It doesn't matter anyway you will loose height when adding more weight,it's going to happen no matter what.Just HD coils prevents the amount of sag over the medium and light coils.

If you want to gain back the height just do a small clevis lift and call it a day,that's what I did when I added my ARB/winch combo(I lost a little less then 1/4").

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I thought the HD springs came with the Premium 2 kit. I didnt specifically request them when I orded the lift so I guess I dont have HD. Not really sure if I got the medium or light duty

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the franken lift comes with HD springs on the front. When I called boulder bars they told me they didnt even have med springs but that may of changed.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess i will just bite the bullet and do a clevis lift. How many conduit nuts would be safe?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The conduit nuts are 1/8" thick which will equal 1/4" in lift. 2 = 1/2", 3 = 3/4" .

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, what am I doing wrong here. Tried to do the clevis lift and I could not get the strut up in the clevis. They would not separate. I disconnected pretty much everything and could not pry them apart. Any advice?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
pics2.gif of the progress so far. You may have to take the strut right out. I know I couldn't get the strut to separate from the cleavis completely.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no pics now. I got so frustrated that I gave up and put the darn thing back together. If I take the strut out that means I gotta fight with that evil lower clevis bolt again and I was trying to avoid that. But here is what it looks like now

Attachments

• winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually need to take the that bolt out that connects the clevis fork to the lower control arm to get them apart. Thats just the way I do it though.

Ive got two conduit nuts in mine and would not put any more in it. Mostly because I would get Upper Ball-Joint Contact but also b/cI do not feel safe with that little of the clevis being clamped in the fork.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get something really heavy in the back... Got any spare subwoofers, or big screen tvs in the house?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, what am I doing wrong here. Tried to do the clevis lift and I could not get the strut up in the clevis. They would not separate. I disconnected pretty much everything and could not pry them apart. Any advice?

The clevis fork has to be removed to install the conduit nuts. You could just loosen the upper clevis bolt, have a friend pry up with a crowbar measure 3/8" and tighten the clevis bolt. I've run mine for years that way and it has never slide back down in the clevis.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking I could cut the nuts in half, that way I dont have to remove the strut completly out of the clevis. I would put one half on the front and one half on the back (). Does this make sense?