RUSTYS PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was looking at getting a flowmaster muffler when I DO get my truck back from the body shop and I found that RUSTYS make an exhaust system already made so i dont have to bring it to a muffler shop to put an entire exhaust system on. Was just wondering if anyone has this for their KJ or knows if its any good! IT seems like a decent price for what im getting! But what the hell do I know! lol

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...ys&Product_Code=KJFM-50&Category_Code=PER_EXH
if by some chance it doesnt work go to rustys website and just check out the performance section and go to exhausts

2003KJ

Reaction score
My neighbor's son put a cat back system from rusty's on his XJ. He got the delta 40 with it and it sounds awesome. Total time to install it he said was under an hour (including removing the old muffler and pipe, and installing the new one). He's got nothing but good to say about it and the service he got from rusty's. So based on his word, i'd recommend them.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, i had just never heard anyone talk about it on the forum before so i didnt know if there was like a problem with them.

mke137

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
My neighbor's son put a cat back system from rusty's on his XJ. He got the delta 40 with it and it sounds awesome. Total time to install it he said was under an hour (including removing the old muffler and pipe, and installing the new one). He's got nothing but good to say about it and the service he got from rusty's. So based on his word, i'd recommend them.

maybe because he got the system for an XJ and not the KJ the system went on easily, however i bought the "bolt on" system with the 40 serious muffler and....its not a bolt on what so ever! i ended up having to spend another 50 bucks for a shop to bend an approximate 5-6 inch piece of pipe(just ever so slightly) and weld everything together...granted it does sound good and its got just the right tone to it driving. i personally dont feel its worth buying Rusty's "bolt on" exhaust. when in all reality you could prolly save some bucks going to some small shop and having them reuse your old pipe(aft of the old muffler) and buy the same flowmaster muffler off of Ebay for like 50 bucks and only end up paying...@ 100-130 bucks.(thats what i did when i had my Landrover, saved myself 400 bucks)

but thats just what i would have done, had i known that the system is not what they say it is

2003KJ

Reaction score
mke137 said:
2003KJ said:

maybe because he got the system for an XJ and not the KJ the system went on easily, however i bought the "bolt on" system with the 40 serious muffler and....its not a bolt on what so ever! i ended up having to spend another 50 bucks for a shop to bend an approximate 5-6 inch piece of pipe(just ever so slightly) and weld everything together...granted it does sound good and its got just the right tone to it driving. i personally dont feel its worth buying Rusty's "bolt on" exhaust. when in all reality you could prolly save some bucks going to some small shop and having them reuse your old pipe(aft of the old muffler) and buy the same flowmaster muffler off of Ebay for like 50 bucks and only end up paying...@ 100-130 bucks.(thats what i did when i had my Landrover, saved myself 400 bucks)

but thats just what i would have done, had i known that the system is not what they say it is

Correct me if i'm wrong, but rusty's pipes are mandrel bent correct? They are also bigger than the stock piping too if i remember correctly. Mandrel bends are supposed to increase the performance and sound coming out of your flowmaster, vs the stock pipe.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a car with a dual exhaust system that i replaced the mufflers and tailpipes on with a less restricting muffler and custom bent larger tailpipes. There was a definite difference in sound and performance. It wasn't a KJ but the same principal. Also you wouldn't be messing with your cats and o2 sensors.

I've been thinking about doing something with the exhaust system on my KJ.

Good stuff here. I'm always interested in hearing what others have done and how they like it.

Dave