Rustproofing scratches on ome front spring coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my front stuts I didn't have any one to help manuvere it in and as a result I got some pretty good scratches through the powder coat.

I was wondering if I should bother sealing this or should I forget about it.

If I need to seal it what should I use other than rustoleum? It there a urethane coating that is good for this?

Thanks!

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, can't say whether or not you should bother or not. I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal, but I can recommend a product that I've been using for sometime now. Duplicolor makes a spray-on bed liner. Goes on easily, looks great, very durable, and is easily repairable. Got mine at Pepboys for 8.99 a can. I've been thinking about giving my new rock sliders and my Hidden Hitch a couple of coats. Give it a try!

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you go wheel it, you won't even notice those little scratches.

You must be registered for see images

Have you been down to Wellsville, Ohio wheeling yet?

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't got down to Wellsville yet. I spend most of my time in Wv Pa and Maryland on Kayaking trips that often involve a little wheeling to get down in to the river put in and take outs.

Some of those access "roads" are pretty bad. Always take my straps and i am thinking about getting a winch for self recovery.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steepcreekfreak said:
Haven't got down to Wellsville yet. I spend most of my time in Wv Pa and Maryland on Kayaking trips that often involve a little wheeling to get down in to the river put in and take outs.

Some of those access "roads" are pretty bad. Always take my straps and i am thinking about getting a winch for self recovery.

PM me if you want to go down. I might be going on Sat. April 7 th. to meet up with some Yotas. Need to see how the KJ stacks up to an FJ.

It's hers, she wheels it, and she works for some 4X4 place.
Should be interesting!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

This is her starting up Sturgis but, no pics of her, or mention of her making it all the way up and over the top.
You must be registered for see images attach