Running Power Wire for Amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I am wondering if anybody else has run a power wire from the battery to the back for an amplifier. I just completed this last weekend, although I do not like the way I accomplished this. The ONLY way I could find was a little hole behind the battery that allowed the power wire to be fed through the door opening and into the cabin. The rest is hidden to the back but the wire can be seen when the door is open.

Any other suggestions? This is the big ol' 4-gauge wire so it's kind of bulky.

Thanks in advance.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Stick or automatic? If automatic, you're in luck. There's a pre-fabricated wiring access hole in the firewall to the left of the brake pedal. You'll see a oval plastic piece sealing the hole up. Get rid of this piece by squeezing the tabs. This is supposed to be for the clutch linkage.

Now when you're under the hood, you can see this hole under the brake master cylinder!

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankfully automatic I guess. Wow, I looked under the dash quite a bit and only found the large bundle of wires going through the firewall which was sealed up pretty well.

I will definitely look at this clutch linkage place, thanks!!!!!

tumanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll be running this soon when I decide to buy the wire and the new receiver gets in

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Stick or automatic? If automatic, you're in luck. There's a pre-fabricated wiring access hole in the firewall to the left of the brake pedal. You'll see a oval plastic piece sealing the hole up. Get rid of this piece by squeezing the tabs. This is supposed to be for the clutch linkage.

Now when you're under the hood, you can see this hole under the brake master cylinder!

Hey thanks I had the same problem as this guy, but I'll be looking at that tomorrow! lol

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty/Electrical/Firewall_Penetration

It has photos of what you are looking for. Like Marlon said you can squeeze the tabs together to pop it out, or if you have big clumsy hands like me you can try a large flat-head screwdriver on the cabin side. Worst case scenario take a drill like the write-up says and have at it :)

I think my KJ was put together backwards then because the "tabs" were on the cabin side (not engine side) in my case? What gives? :D

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my KJ was put together backwards then because the "tabs" were on the cabin side (not engine side) in my case? What gives? :D

kopkrab.gif (Aeh) (dunno)

The detail pics were taken on an '05, but my '03 also had the tabs on the engine side. Probably just depends on who is working that part of the line on a given day, I don't think it matters much as long as the seal is good. Having the tabs inboard would definitely make getting to them a breeze :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been running all my wires through the rubber grommet. Used an old coat hanger to push a hole though it and made sure so wires were around(only a couple thousand running through it) and used my knife to cut the hole bigger. Got a 4 gauge wire along with some small 14 gauge wires running through it now.

Latest posts

Members online