Running Like Straight S***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go out of town frequently for work and leave me Jeep sitting for no more than 3 weeks. I've noticed though upon driving the other day that the acceleration is lagging A LOT now, as if the AC were on, but its not. When the AC is on, nothing changes. Cant spin RPM's up too high either while entering heavy traffic, it can get to maybe 4000 if I'm getting on it. Any idea what it could be?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Miles?
Last tune up?
Bad gas ?
Happen everytime you come back?
little more information could help

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its at 90k now. I gave it a tune up about a month before said time. I never go to mom and pop gas stations to avoid that problem. It happened while current duration of driving well before I left out of town. I also keep up oil changes every 3-4k using mobile 1 since it was at 39k on the odometer. Could it possibly b an o2 sensor?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the exhaust pipe(tail pipe).Since you leave it sit for long periods of time some critters could have made a home in the exhaust plugging it up.Also check the air cleaner box,another big area critters like to nest.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its at 90k now. I gave it a tune up about a month before said time. I never go to mom and pop gas stations to avoid that problem. It happened while current duration of driving well before I left out of town. I also keep up oil changes every 3-4k using mobile 1 since it was at 39k on the odometer. Could it possibly b an o2 sensor?

I assume you did plugs about a month ago? Did you use coppers or something fancier?

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular copper. I used to run iridium, decided to go OEM