Rugged Ridge Seat Protectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I don't buy into the clean factor since both have drawbacks. For example, my last car had beige leather and my jeans ended up "staining" parts of the seat.

I definitely buy into the 'clean' factor. I have a (now) six year old who's been riding in a car seat with my '04 since she was around 3. She's spilled every fluid (including her own :eek:) known to human kind and my leather seat where she sits looks as good as the day we had it installed. There isn't one single stain from a spill on my seats....anywhere. I've sat in my seats in saltwater covered shorts, wet suits, damp bathing suits, muddy pants, you name it. Leather is like new. There is no way in hades that cloth could ever take that abuse. Ever. However, I do agree on the blue-jeans issue. The driver seat (mine) is slightly darker than the other seats in the car. Slightly.

The problem here is, it's not so much a leather problem, that's a blue-jean dye problem. Any light color cloth will suffer the exact same problem. Especially if you ever have to sit on the seat with damp jeans. Cloth seats will actually soak up blue jean dye like, well, cloth. This is why I abandoned cloth. Same problem.

My seats:

Attachments

• DSC01050.JPG
    DSC01050.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01051.JPG
    DSC01051.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01053.JPG
    DSC01053.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01054.JPG
    DSC01054.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess our experiences vary. Aside from the jeans, I also had an ink stain (forgot I had a pen in my back pocket) and a tar stain (backseat so it definitely wasn't me). Oh, and I used to condition the leather every few months with Meguiar's leather wipes...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess our experiences vary. Aside from the jeans, I also had an ink stain (forgot I had a pen in my back pocket) and a tar stain (backseat so it definitely wasn't me). Oh, and I used to condition the leather every few months with Meguiar's leather wipes...

Imagine that ink or tar on your cloth...

I mean, don't get me wrong, leather can be stained with enough concentrated effort. However, it won't look like the cloth seats in my Toyota Corolla which are literally falling apart.

I condition my leather pretty much everytime I wash the car. I have a couple of leather cleaners-- can't remember the names. My only complaint with the Jeep installed Leather is it's "leather trimmed", which means that the under and backsides of the seat are vinyl. Guess what part of my seat is already cracking and failing? Yep, that vinyl part right under the driver seat on the side.