roof baskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the extension i think it would be too long.

The Rola i have is 52" long and its nearly the same length as the roof rails.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, you'll need to make/buy cross rails...

and I think I have seen someone that has the extended Black Widow basket on the KJ... but can't think of who it was now...

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking for something big. on my big camping trip i used a medium to large clam shell car top carrier (about 34" by 48" or so) between my roof rails, slid as far forward as i could, so i could still have room for 2 medium sized coolers, and about a 37 gallon storage bin behind it, this set up had the front of my clam shell about 12 inches in front of my roof rack. a piece of angle iron across my roof rails right behind it, and a piece of angle iron across at the very back most edge, in the plastic triangle of the roof rails for the coolers and bin to fit between. now, on top of those things, i also strapped a shovel, folding chairs, folding plastic table, a step stool to reach all this crap, and a fly rod tube strapped and bungied into everything. yes, i dented the roof a little with the coolers bouncing around full of ice and meat and sodas.

i decided i will need one hell of a safari basket. I am thinking of building my own, 48" wide, and about 60-66" long. if i do this, i am going to make the bottom tray of it removeable, with detachable legs so i can use it as a table on camping trips. i will probably keep the stock roof rails, and possibly make a front support that will have a rubber pad under it where it touches the roof, just to prevent rocking, not to actually support any weight. i am figuringthe sides need to be about 6-10" tall to keep all my crap in one spot, and i can still fit the clamshell in there. but i will have room for mounting axes and shovels on the sides with that height, not to mention when i can finaly use a hi-lift, it will be mounted there as well

Last edited:

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wendy i love that bajarack but i keep looking at it and wishing it was 6-8" longer.

EDIT::: MEGAMULE! sold...lol 68" might be too long. BAH i have to find my tape measure so i can figure out what i really want on the kj

Last edited:

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wendy i love that bajarack but i keep looking at it and wishing it was 6-8" longer.

EDIT::: MEGAMULE! sold...lol 68" might be too long. BAH i have to find my tape measure so i can figure out what i really want on the kj

yeah, the MegaMule might not fit. Since I have the sunroof, I went with the Mule rack, since it will still allow me to use the vent feature. The ConFerr we had on it prior would not allow for us to use the vent feature of the sunroof.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is what mine looked like with a clam shell sitting forward. the long white pole is the pvc pipe for my flyrods
You must be registered for see images attach

the grey tub in the fore ground fit right behind it, lengthwise, then two coolers beside that widthwise, then a couple of ratchet straps to keep everything in place, and a crap load of bungie cords all over everything (keep in mind that on top of the tub and coolers, i had folding chairs, folding table, a shovel, and some other crap, right on the side of the clamshell i had the step stool strapped on...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.