roof baskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinkin of puttin a basket on top of the kj. i was just wondering if they make them specifically for the liberty or do i have order it for like a cherokee sport or something?

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rock lizard makes one that mounts to the factory holes that your ultility bars are on. You can also get a mopar basket made for a jeep. But tons of companies make racks that mount to the majority of cross bars on all cars. But that means that you'll need to buy or make crossbars to go on your utility bars

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy or build crossbars and get the Rola roof basket from eTrailer, $159 shipped! That's the one i have.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
ya i like that rola basket. where do u get the crossbars?

Buy the Mopar cross bars off Ebay, or at a Stealership...or just make some yourself. Check the threads on here, there are a lot of interesting ideas people have come up with for cross rails....wood...aluminum tubing....perforated sign post.....

Some guys have the rails going in between the rack bars, nice and flush with the roof. Boiler makes roof racks....check his sig link.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surco
I think it was about $150
$10 in U bolts from home depot
get the big one and turn it side ways so that the bars that should go front to back and
mount to their cross rails just go on top of your OE rails
then you are done
I have gone 600 miles with over 100# in it no problems

oh and if you want I can get you the size I have
no pics
and it is not on the Jeep at this time

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that set of crossbars they sell on ebay for $65, but i got mine used off a forum member, got a good deal!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cold bolt on accessories to the Rola easy enough. There is a few companies online that make mounts that clamp to tubing of various sizes, thats how i mounted the lights on my roof basket.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Black Widow makes a nice, yet inexpensive roof basket as well... if you're looking for options.

You must be registered for see images

Boiler

Reaction score
Im prolly going to save up and pay boiler to make one for me, his are nice quality.

Whenever you're ready ;)

Check out the link in my sig for more info. Base rack $435, weighs only 25-30 and can hold a metric crap-ton.

You must be registered for see images attach

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surco Urban Roof Rack

The Surco racks are a little more expensive than some other racks, but they come with cross bars, so it evens out.