Rock Sliders/Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwilliamson

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty. The stock rock rail (or rock protector, or whatever you want to call it. I am not sure on the official name.) is broken and so now the inside of the rear tire fender is loose and hits the tire while I drive. (confusing I know) Anyways. I am looking for another stock rock rail and am having no luck finding one. Does anyone know where I can order one? Mopar does not have the piece I need.

Also, I was looking at the LoDoffroad rock slider. It is made for the Wrangler but was wondering if anyone knew if it would work on a Liberty. I am new to this Jeep thing and so I am still learning things!

Thanks in advance! =)

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty. The stock rock rail (or rock protector, or whatever you want to call it. I am not sure on the official name.) is broken and so now the inside of the rear tire fender is loose and hits the tire while I drive. (confusing I know) Anyways. I am looking for another stock rock rail and am having no luck finding one. Does anyone know where I can order one? Mopar does not have the piece I need.

Also, I was looking at the LoDoffroad rock slider. It is made for the Wrangler but was wondering if anyone knew if it would work on a Liberty. I am new to this Jeep thing and so I am still learning things!

Thanks in advance! =)

Anything can work if you have a welder and some imagination.

I think length might get you over anything. They don't mount using the body mount bolts so you wouldn't have to worry about that being an issue with transfering them to the KJ. I am sure a lot of cutting and drilling would be involved though to make them work and to make them look like they belong there.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture or two of the broken rail, etc.?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance! =)

JK Wranglers and KKs are two completely different animals as far as mounting etc. Head over to LOSTJEEPs and look up Atthehelm, he builds "REAL" rockrails etc

kwilliamson

Reaction score
Can you post a picture or two of the broken rail, etc.?

There is a picture of the broken piece. It really isn't that noticeable but I know it's there so it drives me insane!!! haha. Thanks for the comments! I will check out lost jeeps and see what they have! =)

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-07-19-07-28-01.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-07-19-07-28-01.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20140927_124034.jpg
    IMG_20140927_124034.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 31

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh, the rocker sill/cover/molding.

1AW18RXFAD is the part number.

The "inside of the fender" is called a wheelhouse liner.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL thought at some point he had real rockrails and now see only plastic is broke
Marlon has the right info replace if it bugs ya if not ignore and drive and enjoy it

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Tom, the giveaway should have been when he said..

I am not sure on the official name.) is broken and so now the inside of the rear tire fender is loose and hits the tire while I drive.

:D

At that point, I knew kwilliamson was talking about the plastic rocker sill.

kwilliamson, now that you know what it's actually called, you shouldn't have any problems getting a new one. :)

kwilliamson

Reaction score
Thank you all very much for this! This was very helpful. My boyfriend never feels the need to help me when I ask him! =)

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then he's missing a great opportunity to connect...eventually, he'll get it...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life is a two-way street you know. I'm sure he'll be asking something of you sooner than later. That's what "headaches" are for! :gr_grin:

The girls that I talk to get headaches often. :shrug: I always tell them they should just drink more water. :icon_lol:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The girls that I talk to get headaches often. :shrug: I always tell them they should just drink more water. :icon_lol:

Ah, you're using the wrong approach. You have to offer her an aspirin out of the blue. Then when she says "what's this for, I don't have a headache", it's "gotcha" time! :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, you're using the wrong approach. You have to offer her an aspirin out of the blue. Then when she says "what's this for, I don't have a headache", it's "gotcha" time! :happy175:

I always handed a bottle of aspirin to my Ex and when she asked what they were for I'd say" well with what I am going to ask you to do next,....you always have a headache so there ya go. "

Never could figure out what cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, going grocery shopping , gave her a headache but.......:shrug: