Rock Lizard Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but it's my obligation to share my recent experience so that others don't make the same mistake I did. Here's the facts. I ordered the Skink Super Slider on sale on Jan.5th 2014. I paid via PayPal and my account was immediately charged. I got the receipt from PayPal as usual but nothing from Rock Lizard. No confirmation email. No thank you for your order. Nothing. Since that time I have sent 4 emails and made two calls with no reply. The first phone call had a recording about opening soon under new management. I just went to email them today and there is a different email address that was returned right after I sent it.
If there is anyone associated with this company please reply. I will gladly set the record straight if I ever get my product or a refund. As of now it looks like I'm out $335.00 which was the "Sale Price" for the holiday season. :badidea:

Attachments

• Returned email.JPG
    Returned email.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Skink Super Sliders.JPG
    Skink Super Sliders.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 69

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you still don't get the sliders, you might still be able to get your money back from Paypal.

Stories like these are common, sadly, but for what it's worth I had my sliders within 3 weeks of ordering them, they had to build them.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of really good things to say, and alot of really bad things to say. Its sad, really. There's so many things I want from them!!

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, since I knew they built to order, I assumed they just had poor communication and I gave them more time than I normally would. With PayPal you have to file a claim within 45 days or it's too late. I just found that out today when I went to do it. I'm still hoping the "new management" will eventually take care of me but it was probably the old management that readily took my money when they apparently weren't even doing business anymore. Least I can do to start is warn my fellow Liberty owners on this forum. Thanks for the reply.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why people continue to give this guy money baffles the hell outta me. Good luck getting your money back. I am sure there will be people jumping in to make excuses shortly.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
email denise...there is no new management...its still the guy marty running it afaik. when i ordered mine i almost cancelled the order but i sent and email after 5 weeks asking for an update as i was told i would have them in 2-4 weeks and when i said that i would be requesting a refund via paypal they finally sent them to me...if you get your money back and still want the sliders i have mine sitting in my garage that have never been mounted or anything.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, This really ***** becasue I want to order their sliders and the bumper but I see stories like these. I'm so broke that what I'm using to order these parts with I've been saving for a couple months and can't afford to lose the money without it hitting pretty bad... Really really *****.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's the latest. Denise is the person I was trying to email per the PayPal information for a point of contact. She no longer works there. Mary called me the day after I posted and apologized. Apparently, they finally got around to checking Denise's emails and saw my messages. Mary was very nice and refunded my PayPal account yesterday. They are temporarily shut down because their pipe bender is broken and they are trying to get another one. They will sell me another one for the same price once they have their new pipe bender. Thanks for the comments and advise.

mass-hole

Reaction score
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but it's my obligation to share my recent experience so that others don't make the same mistake I did. Here's the facts. I ordered the Skink Super Slider on sale on Jan.5th 2014. I paid via PayPal and my account was immediately charged. I got the receipt from PayPal as usual but nothing from Rock Lizard. No confirmation email. No thank you for your order. Nothing. Since that time I have sent 4 emails and made two calls with no reply. The first phone call had a recording about opening soon under new management. I just went to email them today and there is a different email address that was returned right after I sent it.
If there is anyone associated with this company please reply. I will gladly set the record straight if I ever get my product or a refund. As of now it looks like I'm out $335.00 which was the "Sale Price" for the holiday season. :badidea:

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I am having the same experience as we speak. I pre-ordered the new Convertible rack they show on their site in early july and was supposed receive it end of august, early September. I did email them in early august to confirm and got a response saying mid-september at the latest. Now its the end of november and after a few emails and a phone call I have not heard from anyone.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I am having the same experience as we speak. I pre-ordered the new Convertible rack they show on their site in early july and was supposed receive it end of august, early September. I did email them in early august to confirm and got a response saying mid-september at the latest. Now its the end of november and after a few emails and a phone call I have not heard from anyone.

I would get a hold of paypal and see what they can do, infor RLF you are going to request a refund and they will either get moving on the order or paypal will make it right, sorry to hear that they are still dicking customers around like this. I believe the only reason they are still open is because of the quality of their products, they have horrible customer service.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering my bumper from him over the summer. I got my bumper no problem when I ordered. He still owed me the grill guard piece but I traded my KJ in before it was finished.

He refunded me the $150 by cashier cheque within a week. I even told him to take out the cost of fee's he'd be charged for getting the cashiers cheque and for any inconvenience it may have caused, he never did and gave me the full refund back. If he made parts for the JK I'd probably have already ordered from him again.

Hopefully the OP's incident has since been resolved and sorted out and the above poster is able to get his order sorted out quickly as well.

mass-hole

Reaction score
I would get a hold of paypal and see what they can do, infor RLF you are going to request a refund and they will either get moving on the order or paypal will make it right, sorry to hear that they are still dicking customers around like this. I believe the only reason they are still open is because of the quality of their products, they have horrible customer service.

I am not even mad, I just wanna know what is going on. From what I have seen it seem to be a few people who have a really difficult time getting their orders but a bunch of other people have no issues whatsoever.

I am glad to hear that he puts out a quality product, the icing on the cake would be if I finally got it and it sucked.

Last edited:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they've discontinued all of their Liberty (KJ and KK) front and rear bumpers. I guess all you can get now are the Skink sliders and the roof rack (which honestly looks like you could build your own in your drive way in an afternoon with a welder and some straight tubing)

mass-hole

Reaction score
Looks like they've discontinued all of their Liberty (KJ and KK) front and rear bumpers. I guess all you can get now are the Skink sliders and the roof rack (which honestly looks like you could build your own in your drive way in an afternoon with a welder and some straight tubing)

Great news . . . . I still havent heard back and the voicemail is full. The recording is for Rocklizard but no one answers and I cant leave a message.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 months since you were supposed to receive the order and you still haven't heard a thing, no calls being returned, emails being ignored, etc...

I would say it is time to get on the phone with the credit card company or go to the bank and have them cancel the transaction, notify rlf that you will no longer need their product, and I would avoid doing business with them in the future.

it really ***** that one of the few companies building aftermarket stuff for the liberty has worse customer service than RRO.

I could understand the delay if they were swamped but they should be replying to emails and phone calls.

mass-hole

Reaction score
3 months since you were supposed to receive the order and you still haven't heard a thing, no calls being returned, emails being ignored, etc...

I would say it is time to get on the phone with the credit card company or go to the bank and have them cancel the transaction, notify rlf that you will no longer need their product, and I would avoid doing business with them in the future.

it really ***** that one of the few companies building aftermarket stuff for the liberty has worse customer service than RRO.

I could understand the delay if they were swamped but they should be replying to emails and phone calls.

I ordered via Paypal which only allows a 45 day contention period. I preordered in early July so it was already outside of the contention period when I was supposed to get it in late august early september. At this point he just has my money and I dont think I can do anything about it.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your bank or credit card company that you used through paypal has much more power than paypal does.

Contact paypal by phone explain the situation...if they refuse to help, then contact your bank.