Rock Krawler Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepkj

Reaction score
Has anyone had or heard anything about the 3 inch Rock Krawler lift :shrug: my borther in law ahd a 97 cherokee with the 6 1/2 inch kit from rock krawler made right in NY was great on that just wondering how the kit for the libbby is

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had or heard anything about the 3 inch Rock Krawler lift :shrug: my borther in law ahd a 97 cherokee with the 6 1/2 inch kit from rock krawler made right in NY was great on that just wondering how the kit for the libbby is

Yeah, Rock Krawler is down in Menands across the river from Albany. I don't know how the RK lift is when used on an XJ but on a KJ the one that many here have used and say is best is OME springs, etc. Also 3" or 2 1/2 is best for the KJ. The XJ is a different animal with SFA.

Nice to have another NY'r here.....

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah thought you were closer to the Canadian Border ....like around Plattsburgh.

Dave

Jeepkj

Reaction score
Yeah actully about 40 mins from Plattsburgh lots of snow lol the old tires didnt like that to much now i am replacing the front driveshaft getting the one from All Drive Lines that have ujoints in it instead of the crazy one that came stock

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am near Saratoga, and have I have friends up there just outside of Plattsburgh so I get up there once in a while. Lake Placid is real nice too.

Dave

Jeepkj

Reaction score
Rock Krawler=junk
I wouldnt go that far seeing that i have seen rock krawler in action on an XJ and anything that has broke they replaced free of charge so they have been allright by my
Dave= thats cool i prolly even know them im allover up here malone plattsburgh all the time i grew up in Ausable lived in champlain

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't go as far as say outright RK is junk but they're not known in Liberty circles to be a reliable lift if you read some reviews in posts, stickies, here or on LOST. I'm sure they make fine gear for other trucks and jeeps.

Once you buy longer travel rear shocks to go with their kit though you're in the $400 range already and may as well spend a couple extra Franklins and get the ARB Old Man Emu and Bilstein combination and a few extra bits of hardware (front plates and rear isolators) you'll find in the lift sticky and discussions in this forum.

I'm down in your neck of the woods and Dave's a lot (Placid, Tupper, Plattsburg, Saratoga, Watkins Glen - you name it) I found a place south of Adirondack Park in Gloversville area when I was looking for parts to buy next year when I visit family or go camping in NY. (And TireRack installers possibly too hehe - Canadians shop a lot in NY)

http://www.4xheaven.com/index.asp

I was looking for the rest of my limited slip diff setup to go with gears I found - but they are also an authorized ARB shop. Prices online are likely better but if you're set on supporting a NY spot that might be it.

Check the posts here for part numbers and ballpark it to see. Well worth it.

PS - that new Plattsburg International Airport built from the old regional airport and airbase looks really promising - finally a place to drive to close to me for super cheap US flights

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldnt go that far seeing that i have seen rock krawler in action on an XJ and anything that has broke they replaced free of charge so they have been allright by my
Dave= thats cool i prolly even know them im allover up here malone plattsburgh all the time i grew up in Ausable lived in champlain

Again on the Libertys there are much better ways to waste money if thats what you want to do.
On XJs etc they are OK not the best but they work, on a KJ spend a few more dollars and do a proper lift instead of half a**ing one
Way worth it in the long run trust me