RKE Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got all excited that I could use the transmitter to program all kinds of different little thing to happen on my KJ, like stops the horn chirp when I lock it, unlock all the doors on the first push of the unlock button, etc. The manual say you can restore normal operation by repeating the same steps that you used to program the change, but my issue is this: Repeating those steps doesn't work. I want to get everything back to the way it was. Does disconnecting your battery restore the original RKE settings? That's the next thing I thougt to try. Anyone ever had this issue before?

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I tried the same things with the remote, then read somewhere that if you have the EVIC, you must use it to change horn chirp, unlock etc.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, makes sense. I don't have the EVIC, though, which is what puzzles me most. I think what I'm gonna do is ask one of the techs to reset the system next time I bring my KJ in for service. They must know how to either fix it or just reset the whole dang thing. (I hope!)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren, I disconnected the battery recently and I'm thinking it did reset everything. After I got the KJ back from being repaired after the suicidal deer, I had a check engine light on, but no code. This cleared the light (and well everything!).

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks grogie. I tried disconnecting my battery yesterday, but I don't think I left it off long enough, my radio presets didn't even clear out. I'm gonna try it again this weekend, I'll post up with what happens.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably waited two minutes... not that long. I believe I just removed the positive.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same, I only waited about a minute, though. I had to go somewhere, so that cut the "experiment" short. I'll be sure to wait longer next time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.