Rip/Crack in intake Boot!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpaine

Reaction score
Yesterday I took off my EGR because I was pulling an EGR code and for the heck of it I checked my intake boot and cleaned it. I noticed a large rip in the boot where it connects to the turbo. I would love to just get a better aftermarket one, but my guess is only stock will be available. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tubing is it? Could you replace it with a radiator hose?

cpaine

Reaction score
Superglue as an emergency repair and order a new one...airbox to turbo hose only available at JEEP, no aftermarket...unless you DIY somehow with some pipe and silicone couplers...

I was thinking about doing that, but I figured It would cost as much of not more then the factory part. I ordered one today, $51 and 4 days since its coming from the west coast.... about what I assumed it would be. I temp fixed it with about an half roll of electrical tape. Thanks for your help!

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
If you can clamp it down properly, you won't hurt anything. As long as the rip did not go into the tube itself, that is only the clamping area. You can wrap two layers of electrical tape around it, while pushed on to the unit. Then, clamp it down slowly... You can also buy accordion type tubing at Pep Boyz and what not...

cpaine

Reaction score
Not sure how it happened, maybe the warranty work...

Staff online

Members online