rhino line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjeepin

Reaction score
^^^^ thats what im wanting to do with mine, but mine is blue, so it turned out good?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a renegade with the textured plastic bumpers and flares. Sanded them, cleaned them, and used Herculiner on them. Looks great and gets compliments from almost every single person that has seen the Jeep. I even took it to a few shops to get estimates on my tailgate damage and those guys loved it. No problems with it sticking for me...other than a small part on the front bumper where I smashed into something. will take about 5 seconds to touch up.
Here is a pic

Interesting. Looks like it's kinda got a textured/uneven look from the picture. Is that true?

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its very textured. There are different ways to apply it. I wanted as much texture as possible so I rolled it on. If you want less it can be sprayed on. I dont recommend brushing it on. you end up with a bunch of brush streaks and it looks bad

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done it on a khaki colored Liberty? I have some light trail rash on my flares and this would take care of that nicely. Just don't know if it'll look good or not.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done it on a khaki colored Liberty? I have some light trail rash on my flares and this would take care of that nicely. Just don't know if it'll look good or not.

UPol Raptor bedliner looks to be decent (it's what I'd plan on using), and they have a tintable variety. Could always do a tannish tint.

I don't think I'd go absolute black - I was planning that on mine, but I think a dark charcoal or graphite may look better. Just to take the deepness of the black off.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
UPol Raptor bedliner looks to be decent (it's what I'd plan on using), and they have a tintable variety. Could always do a tannish tint.

I don't think I'd go absolute black - I was planning that on mine, but I think a dark charcoal or graphite may look better. Just to take the deepness of the black off.

Olive Drab green would look good with your paint colour.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Here is a pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice job! Any more pics?

Did you just mask all the rivets? or remove the flares? Wait... you used a roller so you must have removed them right? Did you use a rattle can for the indentations around the rivets So many questions ...:D

I need to do my beltline due to rust repairs on the bottom of the rear door. I really don't want a black beltline and grey flares/bumpers though... maybe I should just Diggerize® it all....?!?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I just looked that up. It does look like a good way to go, and it's not expensive either.

bjeepin

Reaction score
i live in va and iv got a guy who is going to spray mine on in his booth at his shop, he said he is going to take the rivets out of the fenders, take the lights out mask off my whole jeep, and on the plastic on the door i told him i still wanted the liberty to be visible, he said he was going to tape the liberty, spray it, un tape it and spray it again.

Im glad i could help you all figure out how to spend that extra cash laying around :badger_1:

thanks for all the pictures and help!!

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job! Any more pics?

Did you just mask all the rivets? or remove the flares? Wait... you used a roller so you must have removed them right? Did you use a rattle can for the indentations around the rivets So many questions ...:D

I need to do my beltline due to rust repairs on the bottom of the rear door. I really don't want a black beltline and grey flares/bumpers though... maybe I should just Diggerize® it all....?!?

Thanks for the compliment!
People take everything off, but thats overkill to me. Thats way to time consuming and a pita. I just taped everything off. wrapped the rivets in blue painters tape and went at it. for those areas around the rivets i used a sponge brush and dapped it in. one of the rivets got some of the bedliner on it and with the smooth chrome finish i could just scratch it off easily with my finger nail when it dried. It also dripped on my paint in a couple spots and clay bar'd right off.
I would say spend a decent amount of time sanding and cleaning the parts you want to bedline. I rushed on a peice and it peeled off a little there.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment!
People take everything off, but thats overkill to me. Thats way to time consuming and a pita. I just taped everything off. wrapped the rivets in blue painters tape and went at it. for those areas around the rivets i used a sponge brush and dapped it in. one of the rivets got some of the bedliner on it and with the smooth chrome finish i could just scratch it off easily with my finger nail when it dried. It also dripped on my paint in a couple spots and clay bar'd right off.
I would say spend a decent amount of time sanding and cleaning the parts you want to bedline. I rushed on a peice and it peeled off a little there.

Thanks for the response! I suspect that those (simulated) rivets don't come off in one piece anyway. Fortunately I am so **** my prep work usually takes days longer than the actual painting :D .... Cheers

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I suspect that those (simulated) rivets don't come off in one piece anyway. Fortunately I am so **** my prep work usually takes days longer than the actual painting :D .... Cheers

Remove fenders and there is a clip on the back side of the rivet, just slides on easy to remove

Cidghoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really know much about painting, so when u say prep and clean what exactly do you mean cause thats pretty sweet. I mean like sandpaper? what grit? cleaning material?

Last edited: