Resistance is now LIFTED (plus new MAN tires:)!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't happen all time, just in cases like shown below or large bumps or potholes that could create the same impact:
1) When dropping down an inclination to a flat surface, 2) When colliding with an inclination:
You must be registered for see images attach

Rockymountain, thanks for the greasing idea, that would be the correct indicator.

Everyone says my rear lower bumpstops(mallets) are too long. Do you think I should cut them off? Or would they perform better like this to prevent the spring from stacking and binding?

Reaction score
yo, my rear coils didnt look like that. i'd take it easy on the driving. call bds, send them pictures. and do it asap. MAKE SURE THEY CONFIRM WITH YOU that you have the correct springs. i dont think you do.

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clevis lift done, rear bumpstops shortened:)

Well, I guess Quadratec is as lazy as Marlin.. b/c same rear spring pics here.. I'm sorry guys, you have to admit your short fat 4 coil rear springs are outfashioned:)
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_4166.htm

Just joking lol:) I don't know about OME, but I know these are the right rear coils. Apparently there are two different types of rear coils for/compatible with the KJ lift. One is the stock-like type, and the other is the one I have.

Anyway, I have got some work done today and FINALLY DID THE CLEVIS LIFT!!(biggringift) Plus I cut 1.5 cm off my rear bumpstops(mallets):). I didn't hear the rear thumping noise after then, but soon we'll find out.
Here's my clevis, before and after the lift:

It was dark when finished, so I'm not sure I measured the height correctly, but the front and rear left seem to be 52 cm high while the rear and front right measure 53 cm. left-right and front-rear proportions seemed rather funny to me, though:confused:

And my shortened bumpstops, which hopefully won't thump again:

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, seems like the problem is finally solved:) It was the lower bumpstops.

I tried with many potholes, bumps, etc. today. After cutting 1.5 cm off the bumpstops (mallets), I have no more thumping noise in the rear.

During this test, I heard a loud thump once in the front though. Maybe it's the LCA as Tony said. Or perhaps the front Teraflex bumpstops, which I still couldn't install..

Last edited:

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes Tony, unfortunately that is so.. To my surprise, 4wd.com sent me only ONE front bumpstop. They are not available here in my country, so I have to order another one, which will take another month to arrive..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it firmer or softer than stock? Is it rough at all?

Sorry for the questions...

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it firmer or softer than stock? Is it rough at all? Sorry for the questions...

No, please feel free to ask anything you want. Rest assured I'll do the same when the time comes for waxing;)

HJ, the stock suspensions of the vehicle had sagged considerably when I bought it at 76.000 km, so I actually don't have an idea how a brand new KJ would ride.

My ride was rather rough, uncomfortable and noisy before. But now, it rides quite good. Not soft and not very firm, but if you would grade it like "soft, medium and firm", I would call it "a little firmer than medium". But not rough at all and definitely very comfortable!

The flex is reasonable too, it's also good off-road as well as on pavement.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome, I think I may go with the BDS kit.

Fire away on detailing questions...I'll try to answer anything! :D

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I think I may go with the BDS kit.
Yes, but keep in mind that I bought the kit from 4wd.com. They sell it with their brand name and at a fairly good price, but the kit is actually BDS.

Very knowledgable members, as you see in this thread, didn't like the way my rear springs look though. Therefore, you could also think of getting OME for peace of mind, but BDS also has a good spring rate to consider.

I am very pleased with the product at the moment.