Replacing radiator. What i am guessing is the ac fan is being blocked by the engine fan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benjamin816

Reaction score
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Radiator has a crack on the top drivers side. Last week I started to take everything apart to pull the radiator. I am guessing the fan attached to the radiator is the ac fan. I can not get the housing of this fan past the engine fan to remove it.
Any info is appreciated
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan clutch needs to be removed in order to remove the fan shroud.
if you don't want to remove it, you can cut a notch on the fan shroud.
Search for that here and you'll see threads about it.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get the shroud out on my '06 without cutting anything or removing the mechanical fan. It's extremely tight but, if you play with it and have some patience, it'll come out on its own

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to remove the mechanical fan from the water pump and pull it up and out with the fan shroud/electric fan. Its good times.

Im not sure how you could remove the HD fan shroud with the mechanical fan in place. The shroud goes completely around it.

Hardest part of getting the radiator out was getting the top radiator support off.... Maybe Im an idiot, but they put a little tab with a bolt through it right in the top middle, I couldn't figure it out and ended up breaking that tab off on accident, flew across the garage.....

Latest posts

Members online