Replaceing interior lights with LEDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loki007420

Reaction score
Anyone recommend some LED's to do this or a place to get them lol.. I would like to put in some colored LED's (blue or red) in my 04 liberty limited

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend some LED's to do this or a place to get them lol.. I would like to put in some colored LED's (blue or red) in my 04 liberty limited

Try this place. I believe they also have kits with all the LED's needed for the entire interior but I didn't take too much time looking it up.

Probably gonna do the same to my '03.

Bob

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 04 limited too. i put leds in trunk area and step/ courtesy area. lights work great,very bright. you only need 1 led for trunk, if you have evic overhead console it uses the same bulb. the screw for mine doesnt budge for some reason, have not had the time to work on it lately. for the 2nd row i bought 3 black sticky led lights that are commonly used under cabinets and in closets. lights work great but make sure the area you the spot you pick is clean. my lights have dropped several times due to spot being dirty. i just bought 2 blue led strips n will wire them to step area when i have the time. will post pics to show progress.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and im also upgrading the audio system in the car. i hope to have it done by february

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang can't find a trunk on mine only a cargo area must be cause its a Jeep not a car and it doesn't have a trunk lid. LOL I'll have to look in the front tomorrow I have a hood that looks like a trunk lid there.
LOL LOL LOL

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember when you go to LED's in the interior they will not fully shutoff when the vehicle is running due to the BCM and grounding circuit.

Understood. Same thing happens to the LEDs that I have wired in the courtesy light area. Not a huge amount of glow. I just need these interior lights to be brighter. It's horrible!!

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took off the evic n noticed the led lights i got were too big even though they fit perfectly in cargo area housing. whats up with that?

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cargo light now is very loose in the housing will sometimes flicker, have had the lights in for months and for some reason its loose now

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the cover and pinch the connection together again mine does this all the time
Sent by using tin cans and string

blackvyper

Reaction score
It's true that the LEDs will continue to stay lit but the light is very dim and I've gotten used to it now. I changed all the interior lighting as well as my license plate light.. now everything is brighter. The old lights remind me of candlelight.. ha ha ha.

Loki007420

Reaction score
It's true that the LEDs will continue to stay lit but the light is very dim and I've gotten used to it now. I changed all the interior lighting as well as my license plate light.. now everything is brighter. The old lights remind me of candlelight.. ha ha ha.

i replaced my cargo and reading lights with 9 led festoon (cargo) and 5 led bulbs (reading) and they dont stay lit at all.. They dim to off when they are suppose to. They are so bright the reading lights light up the ground below the jeep.. Looks awesome!! Thinking about adding some LED strips around the jeep too now, just not sure where or how i want to do it yet..

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced my cargo and reading lights with 9 led festoon (cargo) and 5 led bulbs (reading) and they dont stay lit at all.. They dim to off when they are suppose to. They are so bright the reading lights light up the ground below the jeep.. Looks awesome!! Thinking about adding some LED strips around the jeep too now, just not sure where or how i want to do it yet..

I've already got some led strips wired around the interior of my jeep just look at my build thread it's got some pics of them there.

mlaz

Reaction score
Hey guys I got mine off Amazon and they work great.

42mm Canbus LED Bulbs Pair White 6000k 576 578 211-2 212-2 214-2 Festoon : Amazon.com : Automotive

those work for the cargo area (1 light), back seat (1 light), and front map lights (2 lights).
all in all you're looking at two orders. These are really bright and easy to install.

WHITE LED Bulbs High Power T10 Reverse Backup Lights (A Pair) 147 152 158 159 161 168 184 192 193 194 901 904 912 916 917 918 920 921 922 923 926 927 2821 2825 w5w : Amazon.com : Automotive

these work for the front footwells

don't know if you guys are still looking for these parts but here ya go!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you hook up led strip to courtesy/step light

There's a How-To somewhere on here. The driver's side plug is usually adhered to the steering column somewhere. I cut that off and wired it in myself. The other one was really difficult to get to on the passenger side. I did this so long ago I hardly remember :p

Last edited:

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a How-To somewhere on here. The driver's side plug is usually adhered to the steering column somewhere. I cut that off and wired it in myself. The other one was really difficult to get to on the passenger side. I did this so long ago I hardly remember :p

ok thanks, my cousin is good with wires so i will have him help me out since ive never wired anything before, if i do it ill manage to blow up the battery or blow every bulb in the truck :bleh: