Replaced Ball Joints on JBA A-Arms today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ok. But for that purpose of not getting problems with alignment... Do I need the spacer anyway regardless if I have my Libby lifted or unlifted?

Are you buying the arms for an unlifted KJ??
ALSO again all depends on whom they are buying from, uses 2-3 different manufactures depending on prices .
But if they come with a spacer USE IT, if they don't come with them , no worries
Just dance the night away!!:gr_grin:
The new ones coming out will have a spacer as well for the same reason some have them now

Last edited:

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tks! I'm just willing to buy the JBA's UCA for my unlifted KJ.
So, as read before, the spacer helps to prevent the boot’s grease leaking out. Does this happen with both Lifted and Unlifted???

Btw, Does JBA's UCA come along with the spacer?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tks! I'm just willing to buy the JBA's UCA for my unlifted KJ.
So, as read before, the spacer helps to prevent the boot’s grease leaking out. Does this happen with both Lifted and Unlifted???

Btw, Does JBA's UCA come along with the spacer?

Yes, the spacer is used for both the lifted and unlifted UCA's. It's just a way to keep the grease in the ball joint and doesn't affect anything else, including alignment. You could run it without the spacer and the ball joint stud would still be in the same place - you'd just have grease on everything :favorites68:

Yes, the spacer comes with the UCA when you buy them new. And for those with the JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's, if you buy replacement ball joints from JBA Marlin includes the spacer in the box.

Bob

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i will be replacing my upper ball joints tomorrow, as well as my passenger side cv axle, and brake hose. Has anyone got a measurement for the thickness of the boot spacer?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So i will be replacing my upper ball joints tomorrow, as well as my passenger side cv axle, and brake hose. Has anyone got a measurement for the thickness of the boot spacer?

You should have ones on the JBA UCAs already

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my gen 4.5 a arms about 5 or 6 years ago. They did not come with the spacers. Had an upper ball joint let go today so i got them locally so i can replace them in the morning.

I have appropriately sized washers i just wanted to get an idea on how many to use.

Members online

No members online now.