Renegade Wannabee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really do. :D

But paint 'em black and throw 'em on mu jeep and I may like them more. :D

Here ya go budke. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• budke.jpg
    budke.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 81
L

lil black liberty

and it'd be the hood, grill, and radiator support that's different for the Renegade

Are you sure about the radiator support? I was told on the 05 all you needed for the renegade package was the following, Hood, and Grill.. now if you have the fog lights you will have to remove those because the renegade had the front mounted lights I believe.

L

lil black liberty

Will someone check the parts catalog for the 05-07 because I am pretty sure the Hood Latches are the same... maybe I am mistaken but I am not on my computer I normally use or I would check myself..

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Part # 55176 926AC LATCH, Hood

But ...

There looks to be 2 different "REINFORCEMENT, Hood Latch" (the center vertical support) in 05 alone. So other years certainly could be different.

55360 681AB 1 Series ‘M‘
55360 694AB 1

Last edited:
L

lil black liberty

I'm not saying the latch is different' I meant the placement is different.
Since the hood is flat its higher up and the grill is taller so you'd have to raise it up.

Any proof to this statement or are you just pulling this one out of the hat? Because as far as I knew the grilles were the same height.. just saying..think about what you are saying if it was taller then the sport fenders wouldn't match up with a renegade hood and it matches perfect..

Also thanks Luke!

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what Budke is trying to say... is...

The grill on the Renny is "taller" in the middle between the headlights. The top of the grill is even with the trim around the headlights, whereas with a non-renny hood, there is a "dip" between the headlights. This would have nothing to do with the fenders, only the grill and hood. The hood is straight across in the front on a renny also, unlike the non-renny models. Take a look at ptsb5a pictures on his profile, you will see what Budke is trying to explain.

Cheers!

:D

L

lil black liberty

I know what he is trying to say but I don't think you see what I am trying to say: He said there was a difference in the hood latches and the grill height, there is none.

For 05-07 Models a Renegade Swap is simple: all you need and this is definitive Hood and Grill, Radiator Support is the same for all years and models IIRC on the 05-07.. End of story..

L

lil black liberty

Lol I thought so on the 05-07 I am pretty savvy.. thats what my KJ is a 2005 and believe me I thought about the renegade conversion, just couldn't ever find a wrecked renny..

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I thought so on the 05-07 I am pretty savvy.. thats what my KJ is a 2005 and believe me I thought about the renegade conversion, just couldn't ever find a wrecked renny..

Wrecked??? All you need is fifteen minutes in a mall and an extra set of hands... Kick.gif Oh and a six pack for the wait to see the owner spend an hour trying to figure out what's different about their Jeep.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody forgot to mention the "reinforcement, grill opening" there's one listed for the H (limited) and P (sport) and a separate one listed for the M (Renegade). It's the chunk of steel behind the grill.

You must be registered for see images attach

So, a grill, the grill reinforcement and a hood is all that's needed if you want to look like a Renegade. I'm glad I'm too far north for any of you to bother to come and un-Renegade my KJ. But, just in case, I'm going to start tethering my Doberman to my KJ. She's an awesome alarm system. Not only will she go off if you get too close, she'll run you down and eat you :)

Last edited:
L

lil black liberty

I always forget about the damn header bracket I believe what it is called...

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm too far north for any of you to bother to come and un-Renegade my KJ. But, just in case, I'm going to start tethering my Doberman to my KJ. She's an awesome alarm system. Not only will she go off if you get too close, you'll run you down and eat you :)

Go ahead and tether your doberman to the KJ... While I'm un-Renegading your jeep I may just poodle up your pets while I'm at it. I find a piece of meat is all that's needed to make peace with a puppy, plus your jeep would be cooler if a poodle was riding shotgun.

L

lil black liberty

Can I tag along? I think my Husky would like that trip! :D

Latest posts

Members online