Removing Spidertrax Wheels Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a REALLY good deal on a set of Moab wheels and though I have not always been a huge fan of them I figure its time for a little change and want to try them out.

My question is I currently have spidertrax wheels spacers with stock wheels and when I installed them I used red loctite per instructions, is there anything special I need to do or know to remove them? Is it going to be a pain in the ass? I do have a pretty good corded impact I could use or would it be better to use a breaker bar and would good penetrating lubricant help in anyway?

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of your jeep with the spacers and the stock wheels? Thinking about getting a set of these. Also, I think I texted you through your craigslist earlier today...

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I got them off was no issue at all, but yea I got them sold they went quick, posted the ad and next day they were sold. Need to take down the ad. As far as pics here is an old one on first day of install of 1.25" spacers with stock wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks man. Not as big of a difference as I thought it would be. Did you notice any difference in handling? Like more stable cornering? I wouldn't mind making this thing a little less top heavy feeling

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I run 245's 17" and had wanted the SpiderTrax.
50559[/ATTACH]"]

I definitely noticed it felt less top heavy and corners very well especially after install of JBA 4.5 a-arms and fresh alignment.

It is a bit wider for sure and feels so much better than stock -no comparison.
50561[/ATTACH]"]

Of course having rims that are properly back spaced would be better....
Have had no problems with the spacers at all. Red locktite used as well.

Attachments

• SpidertraxFront.jpg
    SpidertraxFront.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • KJTRAX.jpg
    KJTRAX.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree It did feel more stable once I put the spacers on and felt more stable in corners at higher speeds, but if I had to do it over I would just get wheels with correct backspacing, less to worry about and one less thing that can possible fail while on the road or wheeling.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Yes, I would rather get properly backspaced wheels but I'm not a fan of the added weight the steel wheels add. I'm already averaging ~16mpg with a light foot and have heard about people seeing anywhere from a 1-3 mpg drop after adding steel wheels. Aluminum wheels would be great, but to be honest if I'm going to throw that much money at this old jeep it's going to be for 4.10's, not for black wheels to replace my already black wheels, lol. I keep seeing Moab's on Craigslist for about what a set of spacers would run - maybe I'll go that route. But I only have $2500 invested in this Jeep including purchase price, lift and tires so I'm digging the low buck theme

Last edited:

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya keep your eyes on criagslist, I found my Moabs for $100 in buena vista, it happened to be my sisters neighbor (small world!) so she grabbed them for me and was coming to the front range that weekend so I got free delivery!

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...I found a set in Arvada for $150 but couldn't get up there in time. I've seen several sets come and go for $250 for 5, which still isn't a bad deal. There's even one guy selling a set of 5 with old MTR's for like $1300!!

Members online

No members online now.