removing lift spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe200man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My jeep came with front spacers on it when i bought it, i've pretty much replaced the whole front end and i'm wanting to put ironman springs on but i'm wanting to keep the current struts but i can't for the life of me get these spacers to come off. Any tips or tricks???

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a pic....but if its a daystar spacer use a bfh and screw driver.

But imho I'd get new shocks unless these have very low mileage. You can get bilstein shocks for little bit of nothing. Ride will be better.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well just replace the shocks too since you will already have it taken apart. Save yourself from having to do it all over again.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
there are 3-4 kinds of spacers so yes like mentioned need a picture of what you have
If Daystar you'll need the upper and lower isolators anyways.
Yes new shocks for sure spacers are notorious for killing front shocks Grab two of the Ironman front since they are longer than the OME/ Bilstein

brokendad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Shocks

there are 3-4 kinds of spacers so yes like mentioned need a picture of what you have
If Daystar you'll need the upper and lower isolators anyways.
Yes new shocks for sure spacers are notorious for killing front shocks Grab two of the Ironman front since they are longer than the OME/ Bilstein

I had a Daystar spacer lift at one time, if it is a Daystar Lift and Level you will need new Shocks. They ruin shocks very quickly. By the way you will really like the Ironman Coils.

Good Luck

Joe200man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of one. I've already spent a ton of money and still need tires wheels and a windshield so i'm just trying to save some money if i can

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 31

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap!
Yes you need a real lift, thats the worst style right there.
As far as front shocks go we're not just telling you that for S&Gs , with those types pf spacer lifts its real ******* the shocks, replace them now and you'll be good for 75-100,000 miles. If you don't you could be replacing them in 5 or 10,000 . PLUS weak shocks are ******* new springs
Plus your time and money tearing them down
GOOD thing is that you still have the isolator's so you're good to go there
Those are going to be a b**** to get off . I know we removed a set here a few months back, best is to cut them off its hard to hammer them off