Removal of Badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmuuzzyy

Reaction score
Hi newbie from the UK here with a 3.7v6 limited KJ in the best colour...black :).

Just wondering what would be the best method to remove the badges on my KJ 3.7 limited.

The silver ontop of all the jeep badges on my KJ has peeled off.

Im thinking of taking off the badges and leaving them off but dont want any marks where the badges have been.

Ta

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a heat gun (on low heat) or a hair dryer and warm the area. Make sure you keep it at low heat though and do not place direct contact to the location. A nice warm up assists with the removal of the badges while using dental floss.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have plenty of dental floss. They rip very easily. Fishing line works better. I'm in the process of debadging. So far, I took out the front Jeep emblem. If you leave your Jeep out on a warm sunny day, you won't need a hair dryer or heat gun. You'll need an adhesive remover, like goof-off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
never used dental floss or fishing line just warm them up and they peel right off

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I peeled the Jeep emblem off the front of my '03 and it left an outline like the hood was sprayed with clear coat with the emblem on the hood.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a hairdryer, fishing line, Scratch-X, and a claybar and there is no proof that I ever had badging. I also did use a fingernail to get the dealership sticker off but I would not recommend that as my fingers were literally bleeding when I was done. The heat is an enormous help and will make it much easier.

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they didn't have the KJ model in the UK. I thought it was re branded the Cherokee.

It is rebranded the Cherokee but KJ is the model designation for the entire vehicle, regardless of name. A Cherokee and a Liberty are both KJ's. :)

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Badges

Yup, all my badging is peeled to a titanium like finish. I been thinking about fishing line to take them off too.