remote starter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I picked up the DEI model. You'll also need two working keys to program the model.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should lock when you lock the doors. If it doesn't, then you either have a bad mechanism, a bad actuator, or bad wiring.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piece of advice.

When it comes time to program the bypass module the instructions will call for you to power the ignition up with the use of a jumper wire. Basically what you're doing is programing the bypass module as if it were a extra key.

Rather than mess with a jumper wire, I just went to Wal-Mart and had them cut me a non-transponder key for $1. Then you just stick it in the ignition and turn it to the run position when you need to power up the ignition.

I've installed a Design Tech remote starter in my '03, and I'm currently in the process of upgrading it to a Viper 5101, with a door lock interface module.

www.the12volt.com is a good resource for information, however the forum rules are a bit ****.