Reducing Body Roll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! Any guess on wether the spare would fit in place with the larger size, or should I plan of having to do some modifications to that?

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! Any guess on wether the spare would fit in place with the larger size, or should I plan of having to do some modifications to that?

As long as the spare is the same effective diameter, shouldn't be a problem - ie, check the specs to be sure - but the reason I went with 245/70's is that they're essentially the same diameter as 225/75's - so I didn't have to pop for a fifth tire as a spare.

You can go to tirerack.com and check the spec sheets they have to make sure of the dimensions.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the spare is the same effective diameter, shouldn't be a problem - ie, check the specs to be sure - but the reason I went with 245/70's is that they're essentially the same diameter as 225/75's - so I didn't have to pop for a fifth tire as a spare.

You can go to tirerack.com and check the spec sheets they have to make sure of the dimensions.

Yes try and keep the same overall diameter on the spare as the road wheels because if you stick 2 different sized tyres on the same axle, (apart from it being illegal in the UK but not sure about the states), it will upset your ABS (Anti lock brakes) if you have it fitted. It will think there is a problem with the system as the tyres will revolve at slightly different rates. Steve :smokin:

Last edited:

nigeldubai

Reaction score
body roll

I commute 96 miles a day and a big part of that is a twisty narrow mountain road. Most of the turns are posted 15 or 20 mph and I routinely fly though them at 40+. I have never felt like the Jeep was going to roll. I've had the back end come loose and slide a bit and once the front end broke loose. That was a few seconds of intense pucker factor.
I upgraded to the OME springs and Bilstein shocks earlier this year and found the handling to be even better.
I'm still running a rather crappy tire which is also slightly smaller than stock for a Renegade, but they were free and I was broke at the time.
This is counter intuitive, but I also removed the rear sway bar and the handling in the turns is better. Not sure how to verbally describe it, but the body roll feels more predictable and smooth with the rear sway bar removed. I feel more in control when I dive into the turns way to fast. For a short narrow high center of gravity vehicle, the Libby handles surprisingly well.

Greetings from Dubai. I have replaced all the bushes and arms on my 2003 renegade and a couple of months ago I put OME springs and shocks on but still it feels jittery in a straight line and rolls a lot round corners. tyres are newish. tire guy told me wheels are difficult to balance but that shouldn't affect body roll. right? I would appreciate any suggestions. the mechanics such as they are all insist that there is nothing wrong with the suspension.
Could it be the roof rack? How much benefit would I get from fitting spacers?

Thanks

Nigel
Cherokee Renegade 2003
OME shocks and springs
245x70 tyres
K&N filter

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online