recovery point location? front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not gone outside to look at the front end of the Liberty. Its too cold and snowy. We have about 7 inches with drifts in the 12inch range.

I have not been out and im not going out today however I do have to drive a good distance tomorrow in these conditions.

I carry a tow rope with loops and no hooks.

I have the rear mopar reciever so hooking it up on the rear is no problem.

What is the best way to hook up the tow rope on the front?

I just want to know my options in the event I have to use the tow rope.

Thanks
James

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Libby has two tow points that you can get MOPAR tow hooks for. You could get a front hitch or even better an ARB front bumper. As far as where to hook it to w/o tow hooks, etc...I don't know?

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know not to hook up straps to suspension parts.

I have AAA but if something was to happen I dont want to wait 3 hours for a tow. and im sure my chances of someone helping me first would be greater.

my buddy told me about a time when he helped a guy out. It was a cold winter day and this guy was off roading with some girls and got stuck.

well when my buddy found them no one had a rope. they did find some chain and the guy hooked it up to a leafspring and to the bumper of my buddys bumper. well my buddy got him out but broke the guys leafspring...

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the mopar front tow hooks... do you need to trim the front bumper at all?

I would like a arb bumper or other type.

in the future I want to mod the liberty but it is not practical right now.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rxraptor02 said:
with the mopar front tow hooks... do you need to trim the front bumper at all?

I would like a arb bumper or other type.

in the future I want to mod the liberty but it is not practical right now.

It took me all of 10 min to put my mopar tow hooks on. No bumper removal. I did shave off the plastic trim piece on both sides of the bumper where the tow hooks stick out from. That was another 10 min. Pretty easy to do.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC there are two small lines molded into the bumper cover that show where you need to trim it for the tow hooks. If you don't have the engine or ****** skids you could maybe get away with running a strap around the front cross member, but I would only do that as a last resort.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SAFEST thing is to bite the bullet and get the MOPAR front tow hooks, because they have the PROPER mounting hardware, and they are not that hard to install. I put mine on myself.

This is my opinion anyway.

Dave

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave,

I plan on buying the mopar tow hooks now.

before I get time to order/install them I was just looking to see if there was a safe way to mount a strap without a hook or aftermarket bumper.