Recall on 2005-06 CRD for transmission problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clark_bailey

Reaction score
I got the crd recall for replacement of the torque convertor today. Maybe this will fix the racecar like shifting and abrupt take off. Has anyone else got this letter?

dnm45227

Reaction score
do ya one better, just had the lower ball joints, egr valve, bcm re-flash and converter recalls done.

honestly, i didn't notice a problem. i still have a problem that keeps the check engine light burning, tech says it's the egr throttle body valve. dealer has to order the part.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
clark_bailey said:
I got the crd recall for replacement of the torque convertor today. Maybe this will fix the racecar like shifting and abrupt take off. Has anyone else got this letter?
Abrupt take-off? You sure that's not just the turbocharger spooling up?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't lay on the loud pedal so hard and the throttle delay won't kick in that helps keep the smoke down. Than the turbo and everything spools up smoothly and your take off is smooth and just as fast, as your started rolling a second or two faster from the corner or light.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: recalls

clark_bailey said:
So when will DC send the rest of the recall letters to me?
They sent the letters out for the older Libertys first. They will keep sending them according to age. The older the Libby, the sooner the letter. Yours is a 2005, so it may take a while.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already received my 2005 recall notice, not all CRDs are on the list. Certain VIN numbers are getting the recall notice.

jeffer

Reaction score
Icing on the cake

I for one, have hated the performance of the transmission/torque converter in my CRD since day one. I find the shift points to be suboptimal at best. At certain cruising speeds, you can feel the TC lock/unlock, downshift, lock, unlock, upshift, repeat. Not only are we charged extra for this pitiful slushbox (manuals are usually cheaper and always preferred in my book), it eats up fuel economy, and now the brilliant fix is to replace the TC, change shiftpoints, and get this detune the engine torque. Top notch work Jeep! This thing should have had a manual ****** from the get go. I think Jeep took a perfectly good engine concept and ruined with their driveline. It's really starting to eat at me. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: Icing on the cake

jeffer said:
I for one, have hated the performance of the transmission/torque converter in my CRD since day one. I find the shift points to be suboptimal at best. At certain cruising speeds, you can feel the TC lock/unlock, downshift, lock, unlock, upshift, repeat. Not only are we charged extra for this pitiful slushbox (manuals are usually cheaper and always preferred in my book), it eats up fuel economy, and now the brilliant fix is to replace the TC, change shiftpoints, and get this detune the engine torque. Top notch work Jeep! This thing should have had a manual ****** from the get go. I think Jeep took a perfectly good engine concept and ruined with their driveline. It's really starting to eat at me. Of course, that's just my opinion.
I just got my Jeep back, and I must say I LOVE the way it drives now! No more confused transmission and finally I'm getting sticker mileage in the city.

But screw the recall notice for the ball joints... my dealership did it without asking! Great job.

dnm45227

Reaction score
i just took mine in for the check engine light and they did the lower ball joints before they even told me they were going to do it or, they gave me an update on what the check engine light meant.

they said it was safety thing and i asked about the post card. they said any safety issue they just do.