Rear shocks on 2.5" lift shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mechanic said my Krusty's rear shocks are shot already. What can I order that is affordable that will handle the 2.5" suspension lift. I am unsure if I can just use OEM shocks...

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use shocks for a 2000 dakota or durango, any brand will do but Bilstien, OME are the best for the money

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the guy who works on the Liberty will be doing this tomorrow, he got Monroe shocks for a 2000 durango/dakota... I take it it was the rear shocks for the Dakota? They should work?

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the guy who works on the Liberty will be doing this tomorrow, he got Monroe shocks for a 2000 durango/dakota... I take it it was the rear shocks for the Dakota? They should work?

They should be for a 4X4 Dakota - the 2WD shocks may not be long enough.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
99-04 Dodge Dakota 4 wheel drive is what you need
If Monroes unless he got the Sensa Tracs be ready to replace again in a few months , even then they may not last
If you wheel at all do you have bumpstops in? If not then you need to install some to keep the shocks from over compressing

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, my GF drives it now, she drives it like 3 miles to the grocery store. The only thing the Jeep goes over is a curb once in a while, and it is only a 2wd. Why do the Monroes not last very long, is it because they are not meant for the Jeep or they are just garbage brand? Before this I had Rusty's shocks and struts so I am used to garbage products.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep sorry for having a Rustys lift
shocks are as cheap as ones as you can get on the rear, now they used to use OME front shocks back in the beginning not sure any more
Their coil springs are same rating as stock ones so not much good.
You'd think they'd want to sell a better product

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my Monroe shocks put in and what a difference, they look WAY beefier than the Crusty's that were in there before! I guess the last ones were bad for over a year now judging by the sound of them.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my Monroe shocks put in and what a difference, they look WAY beefier than the Crusty's that were in there before! I guess the last ones were bad for over a year now judging by the sound of them.

Depends on which you got. Most of the Monroe's are crap just like the Crusty's some of them worse.

Latest posts

Members online