• #2 D ring

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • #3 Solid hook

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • #4 Solid ring

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KornyBrad

Reaction score
Just wanting opinions on which recovery point you would use with a 2" receiver hitch?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
#1 or #2...I have both. Either one is a good choice, make sure that have the proper capability (mine are 10k pounds), other than, I'd just go buy what ever you can get locally at a reasonable cost.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personal preference, i'd go for a hook. i picked solid, but as long as either is rated to your capacity, i'd go with whichever was more reasonably priced.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Number 2. I have one and have used it a time or two without incident. Plus it looks the coolest :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This, #2

Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
ive not tried my strap but i dont think the in reciever method will work for mine either ...4" recovery.. maybe ill check that tonight.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Option #2. Got a shackle with a 7/8" pin. Fits nicely through the 1" hole in the reciever.

Mag, a towstrap is lame and not too elasticy. A recovery strap is cool and makes like a bungee to help yank a stuck vehicle from it's stuckageness. Yep, that's a word now you B****es.

Tow = static
recovery = dynamic

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Option #2. Got a shackle with a 7/8" pin. Fits nicely through the 1" hole in the reciever.

Mag, a towstrap is lame and not too elasticy. A recovery strap is cool and makes like a bungee to help yank a stuck vehicle from it's stuckageness. Yep, that's a word now you B****es.

Tow = static
recovery = dynamic

Ok lol
But now i dont use the bungee straps.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be different and go with #4
I'm going to assume you'll leave these in all the time for the added "cool" factor. (cool)

Hooks are good, (solid over hollow) but there is alway a chance you could throw the strap off.

D ring is great, and the gadget factor gives extra points on the cool meter... but you have to mess with opening it up to use it. Get a few years of muck in the threads of the pin and it gets stuck. Oh yeah, there can be some rattling of the D ring as you drive. Any reciever will "clunk" around some, but you now have two items to "clunk" around.

With the ring, just remove it, thread your tow strap through, slide the looped end over the square tube, and insert it back into the hitch, no way your strap is coming off, no messing with hooks, threaded pins, clips, etc... It's as easy as the strap into the reciever trick.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D links are the way to go. You can easily fasten/release a recovery strap from one but you need to fasten them well because they will fall off eventually (I've lost two:favorites68:).

Recovery straps can fall off of a hook and sometimes tear a hole in it. Plus you really don't want to run into a hook with your knee :disgust: