rear lca bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long does the recall apply for the rear lcas?

And what is the length eye to eye on them?

Idk if my recall was ever done, but if it was I would like to just build my own.
(Yes I have plenty of experience to do that)

Thanks,

Pat

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to type in your vin number on jeep site under owners and get any outstanding recalls. They will replace them free.
I never did the recall as mine are done better. I used Spicer bushings, filled it the cut away slots in the bushings with windshield urethane. The stock square arms are pretty beefy.
JBA makes adjustable tubular replacements?
Not sure on eye to eye measurements..you could take one off to obtain that though.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall is not outstanding...just dropped by dealership. Both my kjs are outstanding on airbag though.

I will just make tubular arms using xj lca bushings and call it a day.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering this with mine as well but never looked in to it becasue I assumed they'd tell me to scram even if the recalls was needed since I have it lifted.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The LCA bushings should be inspected for cracks. It is not difficult to remove them to see.
My jeep was out to lunch with the old bushings, differential was shifting & twisting!
With gas on to pass at hwy speed, it would jump a bit to the left, take gas off and it would move right...NOT safe. I have heard that they may want to replace it with the thinner control arms..not sure really what they are doing. Mine are the large square ones as in photo below. Many have had good luck just filling in the cut aways with poly urethane as long as they are not cracked...Only the axle side need filling in.
49074[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

49076[/ATTACH]"]

Drives real tight now not jumping around at all.

Attachments

• JeepLowerControlArmBushings1.jpg
    JeepLowerControlArmBushings1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
  • JeepLCAbushings2.jpg
    JeepLCAbushings2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those the warranty recall arms? Mine look like stamped steel, nothing like that

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones they put on for the recall on mine:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Are those the warranty recall arms? Mine look like stamped steel, nothing like that

These are the arms that came on my 04 KJ.
That is why I kept them and pressed in new bushings!

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever tried these? The item specs state they are oem mopar, but I don't know if that's the actual arms or bushings. Mine need replaced and I can't decide between something like that, or using my old tj RE adjustable lowers. From measuring they should extend long enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk