rear dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I should build a how to article possibly. My stupid camera is broke and I just found out the parts are on backorder! #-o (Nelson from simpsons "Ha ha"), but when I fix it, I can show how I ran the wires. It was pretty easy to do, just fished the wire above the headliner towards the hole where the rear ceiling handgrips are and then I just worked it down into the B pillar.

But ask away when you get it.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yeah another tip!!

I almost forgot. I put my light under a photo copier and made a scale paper model of it. So that I could cut it out to make template on the ceiling. This really worked out well. But you have to make sure the copier outputs the same dimensions.

I think I went through like 25 sheets of paper before I got it right, but it was a good work project. lol.

But if I look at a camera, I gotta get sony, cause I got all sony memstick cards.

Bennett

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Oh yeah another tip!!
But if I look at a camera, I gotta get sony, cause I got all sony memstick cards.

CF is cheap as hell, and you wouldnt need much for a backup cam :)

Good tip on the light!

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok bennett - I got the light from silverlib (thanks!) - looking at it- how does it "stick" to the headliner? Just those 2 little things on the side? Haven't really spent any time tryin to figure it out, but at first glance it looked odd.

-Blu

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Ok bennett - I got the light from silverlib (thanks!) - looking at it- how does it "stick" to the headliner? Just those 2 little things on the side? Haven't really spent any time tryin to figure it out, but at first glance it looked odd.

-Blu

i was just about to ask you if you got it yet...

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
BluPhant said:

-Blu

Yeah those two little things go above the headline and the other side of it "clips" in when the light is shut.

Bennett

froop

Reaction score
Bennett said:
Anywho, I did connect it to my other dome lights and so far so good! I know the many risks when connecting to the BCM, but I figure it should be fine.

If you have any concerns about overloading the BCM, go to your local electronics parts shop and pick up a relay for about 50c. Drive the relay from the same circuit as the other lights, and send 12V straight from the battery (via a fuse) through the relay switch into the light.

That way you're hardly touching the current draw from the BCM.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
froop said:
Bennett said:
Anywho, I did connect it to my other dome lights and so far so good! I know the many risks when connecting to the BCM, but I figure it should be fine.

If you have any concerns about overloading the BCM, go to your local electronics parts shop and pick up a relay for about 50c. Drive the relay from the same circuit as the other lights, and send 12V straight from the battery (via a fuse) through the relay switch into the light.

That way you're hardly touching the current draw from the BCM.

Yea, I was going to do that originally then talked to some electrical engineers to discover there would be too much EMI noise created by the relay and actually *could* be worse to the BCM.

But, the light still is working fine connected to the BCM.

Latest posts

Members online