rear dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
Looks great! Did you just drop one side of the headliner? That can be a lot of work. I wired 2 dome lights in a roof mount lcd screen to the rear dome and after a couple days the BCM shut off all interior lights. I had to rewire directly to an alternate power source and reset the BCM by disconnecting the battery. Hope it continues to work.

So that the only thing that died, or did other stuff go out of commission before your BCM had to be reset.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
farwellbooth said:
Looks great! Did you just drop one side of the headliner? That can be a lot of work. I wired 2 dome lights in a roof mount lcd screen to the rear dome and after a couple days the BCM shut off all interior lights. I had to rewire directly to an alternate power source and reset the BCM by disconnecting the battery. Hope it continues to work.

So that the only thing that died, or did other stuff go out of commission before your BCM had to be reset.

Nothing else died. The dome lights in the lcd monitor have 3 wires; power, ground, and door. The power wire only powers the lights and I wired this to an alternate power source, not the other dome lights. The door wire triggers the domes to go on and off of which I wired to the rear dome. I figured that door wire wouldn't really draw much current and the BCM would be fooled but it shut down all interior lighting. I freaked out but luckily after disconnecting the battery the lights came back.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice job Bennett \:D/

Turned out great, but that hole in the middle was kind of scary looking...

Dean46304

Reaction score
Overhead Light

How deep was the light you installed? I have the one leftover from the EVIC addition. I'm not sure if it would be too deep to fit.

Dean

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Was probably only 2" deep.

Well the light was still workin after today, so I think it's gonna be ok.

If it'd of fried, I think it would have by now.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I am happy to report after 4 days, still no problems with the body control module.

Bennett

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else do you have on the interior light circuit? Do you have the under-dash lights?

-Blu

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
Bennett said:
If anyone wants to do this project, here's the light

It's closing real soon tho,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7945640103&sspagename=ADME:B:DS:US:28

Bennett

i ended up winning the light....

DARKNESS BE GONE!!!!!! \:D/

Good deal. =D>

BluPhant said:
What else do you have on the interior light circuit? Do you have the under-dash lights?

-Blu

Yeah, I already had the under-dash lights from the factory.

Only thing I added was this single light. So all in all I have 6 interior lights.

Bennett

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett,

I don't think that your ratio of interior to exterior lights is high enough \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
Bennett,

I don't think that your ratio of interior to exterior lights is high enough \:D/

1:2 ratio.....he'd need 6 more....i wonder if u can hook up 2 bcm's side by side.....LOL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
I think that he needs to try \:D/

yeh he should, since he'll have 2 bcm's that means he can add more lights.... \:D/ and whatever else he see's fit....LOL....2 EVIC's? for passengers in the back...LOL

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
If I can hook up a relay to the bcm, I can add as many lights as my heart desires. 8-[

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
If I can hook up a relay to the bcm, I can add as many lights as my heart desires. 8-[

8-[ Green Bay is going to pass a dark skies ordinance just because of you \:D/

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
As an update my BCM is working just fine. The light hasn't caused any problems what so ever. So I would think it is safe to say that it didn't overload anything.

Bennett

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
As an update my BCM is working just fine. The light hasn't caused any problems what so ever. So I would think it is safe to say that it didn't overload anything.

Bennett

Dangit, now I gotta buy SiLveRLiB2k2's unused light.

Thanks for the update! I hope my results are as good as yours. Look for some questions in the near future.

-Blu

Latest posts

Members online