Rear deflecter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a rear window deflecter for the back of my Liberty.
Does anyone have any experience with them?
Do they work or are they just for looks?
AJ

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't really tell you the difference with it off/on since I installed mine just a few days after I bought the KJ. However, I did self install the deflector and you will have to drill holes into your roof!

It comes with a guide and some other tools to install it correctly. I like the look of it though!

You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice tires, both of them.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am running the Pathfinder tires (Jeep on the left) and have found that the BFG A/T's have a good grip over what I run. However, as a very limited off-roader, I don't find myself needing anything more. But I will say my next pair will be MT's.

Back to the subject:
The rear air deflector does not remove any mud that comes up and over the roof (if you are going that fast....)

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
I couldn't really tell you the difference with it off/on since I installed mine just a few days after I bought the KJ. However, I did self install the deflector and you will have to drill holes into your roof!

It comes with a guide and some other tools to install it correctly. I like the look of it though!

You must be registered for see images attach

Wow that jeep on the right there sure is tight, I wouldn't mind driving a gorgeous piece like that.

Whoever drives that is one LUCKY guy.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
Wow that jeep on the right there sure is tight, I wouldn't mind driving a gorgeous piece like that.

Whoever drives that is one LUCKY guy.

(lol)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I dunno. The one on the left looks good to me! I especially like the view from the front!

Those wheels are just downright good looking!

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the deflector myself too....definatly a bit scary drilling those holes in the roof. The bit size was almost 1/2''....thats a big hole!!! and I do this for a living......Airframe Sheetmetal Machanic for 15 years now.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005_2.JPG

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't jeep make it so that it could be mounted on top of the rear flipglass hinges. I am sure they already have holes for screws, we could take the cap off (if there is) and remove the screws, screw the deflector in between that and put the cap back. I guess they didn't think of that when they manufactured this, or maybe flipper glass could get in the way? :-k

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree with the mounting on the window hinges, in fact the first time I considered getting one I was certain thats where it would mount.

MoladoGuy said:
(deadhorse)
You must be registered for see images

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I dunno. The one on the left looks good to me! I especially like the view from the front!

Those wheels are just downright good looking!

Just trying to be a little different... =D>

jfortier777 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.