Rear Control Arm Recall - 06/07's added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcollins

Reaction score
Took it back to the dealer and found the problem. Right/Rear shock seized up after the incident. They quoted that around $350 for 1 shock and will not cover it under the damage caused by the recalled part failure.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it back to the dealer and found the problem. Right/Rear shock seized up after the incident. They quoted that around $350 for 1 shock and will not cover it under the damage caused by the recalled part failure.

Bummer. Sounds like it might be hard to prove it was caused by the accident?

Anyway, that sounds like a lot of $$$ for one shock. How many miles on the shocks? If a lot, I would replace both. Rear shocks are easy to replace.

Dave

jcollins

Reaction score
Got the rear shocks installed this weekend and yes, it definitely was one of the easiest fixes that I've done. If you can take off a wheel, you can change your rear shocks.

Moral of the story: If the control arm on your KJ has been recalled, just go in and replace it now. A couple of hours being proactive might save you days if the arm fails. Lesson learned.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's going in tomorrow for the recall. They told me it'd take a couple of hours. I wish I could just get the damn control arms from them and install myself. Should take 10 mins!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have scoured the Jeep site for info on this, so forgive me if it's obvious and I'm just missing it. I registered my 2007 Liberty with Chrysler within days of my buying it last May. They show no outstanding unperformed recalls. I can't find any list of recall-related work actually done, though.

To further complicate things, the Jeep was purchased in Virginia but I live in Ohio. Obviously a region-based recall might overlook folks like me.

Is there a fool-proof way for me to be sure that everything is up-to-date?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Leeann, as soon as I finish my last summer class next week that is what I'll do. :cheers:

I didn't know if they would be much help since I suppose I am technically not their customer. Any advice on not having them try and buffalo me into something I don't want/need?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Leeann, as soon as I finish my last summer class next week that is what I'll do. :cheers:

I didn't know if they would be much help since I suppose I am technically not their customer. Any advice on not having them try and buffalo me into something I don't want/need?

Yeah, just bring in the VIN number. They don't need to even look at the Libby.

Latest posts

Members online