Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rather than waste the time. money, space on a subwoofer, just get a goot set of door speakers, (quality speakers will provide more than enough bass), save the money that you would've wasted on some idiotic "system" and save up for the rl bumper, believe me bass gets old real quick, go for quality sound...and dont cheap out on a bumper, you get what you pay for.

Most door speakers won't even give you a tasteful amount of bass. I personally want a nicely tuned 10 inch just to give myself a little bit more depth with my Polks (I have the rear door speakers installed, just need the components now!).

But in all honestly if he's just north of NYC, there's not much need for an RL bumper anyway. :( I'd say just get stock to save $$$. But yes if you're going to go aftermarket, definitely go RL.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a "after market" bumper on a econoline van today. Two 4x4s lagged together and bolted to the rear! Wish I could have taken a picture.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a "after market" bumper on a econoline van today. Two 4x4s lagged together and bolted to the rear! Wish I could have taken a picture.

Nothing beats the cross bars I saw a Hyundai Santa Fe with wood + U-bolt cross bars for the roof rack!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But in all honestly if he's just north of NYC, there's not much need for an RL bumper anyway. :( I'd say just get stock to save $$$. But yes if you're going to go aftermarket, definitely go RL.

Ya mean you have to live in a certain area so it makes sense to have a rear RL bumper ????????:uhoh2::uhoh2::uhoh2:
If he lives anywhere around NYC I think he needs all of the protection he can get ,
folks is crazy drivin' over there, they thinks theys owning the road or sumthin

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya mean you have to live in a certain area so it makes sense to have a rear RL bumper ????????:uhoh2::uhoh2::uhoh2:
If he lives anywhere around NYC I think he needs all of the protection he can get ,
folks is crazy drivin' over there, they thinks theys owning the road or sumthin

True. Alright if he's parking and driving in the city I guess he should go with the RL. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything/ anywhere within 300 miles of NYC has crazed folks driving around and thats even before Halloween

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cause you folk out west don't know how to drive... :smokin:

NYC wasn't too bad both times I've been through there. However, the manner in which the flow of traffic is held up by people that should never be in the PASSING lane on the interstates here in Virginia is ridiculous. I miss the driving out WEST.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My first trip into the city was in 86, driving a semi ( relocation for North American Van Lines) , going up one street and a cop steps out to stop traffic so an ambulance can back out of a driveway. I'm talking to the cop and all of a sudden my whole truck shakes/ loud crunching sound , cop yells "WTF" and I get out, we start towards the back of mine and see this Monte Carlo backing up, antifreeze spewing everywhere and takes off. Go to the back of the trailer and can see where the car slammed into me, part of the grill laying there, antifreeze, but they're gone.
I ask the cop, " Now what do we do?"
His reply, "nothing don't worry about it, happens all the time " and walks away
Welcome to New York City :gay:

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damage isnt that bad when i looked at when i was wide awake, ill just leave it alone for now until another fender bender or i just dont like looking at it anymore