rear bumper idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this a few weeks ago, its a guy from nissanoffroad.net, but if you're not a member, it wont let you view the pics, so I saved them, here they are. It's a neat idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a neat idea, I'll give you that. But my preference would be a winch on a hitch-mount plate that I could move between my front and rear receivers. Of course, I have the receivers already so that's probably skewing my judgment...

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a neat idea, I'll give you that. But my preference would be a winch on a hitch-mount plate that I could move between my front and rear receivers. Of course, I have the receivers already so that's probably skewing my judgment...

I guess you must not have that or you wouldnt say it ha ha, its my current setup, it's a real pain in the ***. I never use it. Most of the time I've needed a winch my back end was at an angle that either would have hitch the winch plate, not to mention ruin my departure angle, or I was at an angle that I couldnt put the plate into the hitch. The bumper doesnt ruin that angle, as it sits nice and high and tucked it.

Oh, and ya, that is a mopar lightbar, everyone on my nissan site gave him a hard time, but I guess it fit with little change.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To bad a setup like that won't work on a KJ without having it stick out about 8"-10" behind where the factory bumber already sticks out.About 2" behind the rear bumber is metal "bumber" and a main part of the unibody,not to mention the gas tank.You could lower it some but loose major rear departure angles and making it totally useless offroad.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There a few problems with a movable winch, one that you can move from the front to the rear.
  • the maximum that you can pull is limited by your hitch receiver which is typically 5000 lbs.
  • the winch is easily removable therefore easy to steal
  • you would need to run winch capable wiring to the front & rear

I like the idea of mounting the winch behind the bumper however how do you get at it if the cable snarls or the winch fails.

And finally; yes I agree that looks like a Renegade light bar on that truck.

Latest posts

Members online