Rear brake noise, heat, smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
un friggin believeable. I have to applaud you for not going even crazier than you already have. I'd be in Jail right now if I were in your shoes...LOL

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out yesterday that Haddad cancelled the checks AFTER they had been deposited. It's legal but very lame. So make sure if you ever have any doubt about a check then go to the bank on the check and get the green backs there. I spoke with Haddad's lawyer today and he agreed to send two out of the three checks to my mother. The third one is for the balance of the Extended Service Plan after you subtract the prorated refund. No releases have to be signed. And a Chrysler Rep. called the service manager today and reprimanded him about the way he treated my mother and said he was putting the relationship between Haddad and Chrysler in jeopardy. We are also going to file a complaint with a local consumer advocates group so it is on record.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
zerowick said:
I found out yesterday that Haddad cancelled the checks AFTER they had been deposited. It's legal but very lame. So make sure if you ever have any doubt about a check then go to the bank on the check and get the green backs there. I spoke with Haddad's lawyer today and he agreed to send two out of the three checks to my mother. The third one is for the balance of the Extended Service Plan after you subtract the prorated refund. No releases have to be signed. And a Chrysler Rep. called the service manager today and reprimanded him about the way he treated my mother and said he was putting the relationship between Haddad and Chrysler in jeopardy. We are also going to file a complaint with a local consumer advocates group so it is on record.

Good! I'm happy to hear that. Those scumbags need all the punishment they can get. When you say "relationship" do you mean that Chrysler will prohibit them from selling Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep?

I never deposit checks. People LOVE to try screwy crap like that. Not with me.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, according to the woman, Chrysler isn't happy with the situation, it's just a slap on the wrist but at least Haddad goes on record for it. I think it helps that the Chrysler Rep. is a woman and can relate to my mother's struggle. The woman called my mother after she spoke with the dirtball at Haddad and gave my mother her direct line in the event of further trouble.
The "funny" part about the stop payment on the checks is that the building my mother works in is in between two banks. Her bank on one side and Haddad's bank on the other, both only walking distance away. She still kicks herself for going to hers instead of theirs.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mother went to Haddad's lawyer's office yesterday and picked up her checks. Finally. It wasn't without more trauma, however. Haddad Motors wanted my mother and I to sign that release in the worst way. I absolutely refused but my mother was willing to in order to get her full refund of the extended service plan as opposed to a prorated one. Just her signature alone wasn't good enough for them, they said one signature was only good for $1000. I got to thinking and realized that even the prorated refund was $1200, and that she was entitled to without any signatures. I called their lawyers to explain this and he agreed to send out the prorated refund and the refund for the bogus brake repair. A week went by and still no checks so I called Haddad's lawyers again and he said my mother would have to sign that release to get the checks, I told him he was breaking the law by withholding her money and he suggested that I sue them and hung up on me. I told my mother this and she herself called the lawyer who told her he would have to talk to Haddad. The next day my mother called Haddad herself and he said he would have to talk to the lawyer. I told my mother they were playing games with her and she needed to go to Haddad and demand the checks. I think she finally heard me and went to the lawyers because that's where the checks were and she received them without signing the release. Still waiting for her to cash them, you would think she would do it right away.....stay tuned...