RCV Front Axles from JBA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just noticed that JBA has the fancy RCV cv axles now. Anyone have any ideas of how high we can go now with these bad boys? It says we can get 11" of travel out of them. With the JBA coilovers and UCA we can get 9" am I correct? So in theory we could go 2" beyond what we could before with these?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I just noticed that JBA has the fancy RCV cv axles now. Anyone have any ideas of how high we can go now with these bad boys? It says we can get 11" of travel out of them. With the JBA coilovers and UCA we can get 9" am I correct? So in theory we could go 2" beyond what we could before with these?

In theory yes, in real world there are other factors that come into play that limits the amount of travel

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such as control arm limits yea. So with travel limits in mind do you think we'd be able to lift it to say 6" now? Or would the UCA be resting on the coilover even with JBA adjust-a-struts and JBA UCA?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
6 inch with out going the way JBA does it?
No still the only way if you want that street height
4 inches works and works well with JBA UCAs etc, but that's the limit pretty much. Some have tried and then scaled back after many off road trips testing it out.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok so you'd still need to do the cradle drop I'm assuming? So the RCV's are just a piece of mind thing to have an almost indestructible cv axle pretty much

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes it is not the cv that worries me...
It is the dreaded aluminum transfer case crack, that scares me.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never hear of that, you must be thinking of the D30A cracking. It's pretty easy to avoid doing and there's really only one cause of it.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Us KK owners don't have that worry :ROFLJest::ROFLJest:
You say that now.....next time your out it will explode. I have seen d60 snapped in half when the owner said the same thing. Shit happens.

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say that now.....next time your out it will explode. I have seen d60 snapped in half when the owner said the same thing. Shit happens.

Hey, don't jinx me lol. I don't really wheel with a heavy foot, so I might be alright. Besides I haven't heard on any problems with KK front diffs...yet...