RB1 Navigation Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a RB1 on the auction site for my 2003 KJ Limited. Will be here tomorrow and ordered antenna which will be here Thursday. Can hardly wait to install it. Tom-Tom just gets to be a pain sometimes. Will purchase the latest Navigation software (AL Version) later this week.

Am also researching for an inexpensive way to add Sirius to the RB1.

Last edited:

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received and installed the RB1. I am well pleased with the unit. GPS antenna should be here in a couple of days and the latest navigation update disc is on the way.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received and installed the RB1. I am well pleased with the unit. GPS antenna should be here in a couple of days and the latest navigation update disc is on the way.

I didn't think they were doing anymore updates ? What is the update date?

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GPS antenna was delayed a couple of days. Received it today and installed it. Applied the map update and all is well. The antenna had a magnetic base, so I just attached it to the top of the HU case. Next on the list is to repair or replace the front speakers as they are 'buzzing' on bass. If anyone needs a RBP HU or a 033AJ Nav disc just hit me up.

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the dash speakers today and also re-foamed the front door speakers.
No more 'buzzing'.

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture of radio installed

Hi Lester

Do you have a picture of the radio installed ? I'm thinking of doing the same for my '04

Thanks

Steve

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Lester

Do you have a picture of the radio installed ? I'm thinking of doing the same for my '04

Thanks

Steve

No pic Steve, but it does look nice. Plug and play operation. I like it very much. It is MUCH more convenient and more accurate than the Tom-Tom I was using.

Last edited: