Rare Color??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a hood and grille today for the Renegade and was surprised when I saw the color, I have never seen a KJ in any color close to this. Is it rare? I know this came off of a 2002 Sport and I have to say I love this 'burnt orange' color. Does anyone know what it is called and maybe the color code for it? I think the Renegade might get painted this color.

You must be registered for see images

and just cause I like changing grilles :freak3: :

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spotted that here, expecially on Calibers. Unluckily changing color here involves some bureaucracy as well.... ( and $$$ ).

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an '02 Sport for sale at a lot near here that is that same color. Only one I've ever seen in that color...

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that "sunburst" (or whatever you call it) is a comon color.

Dave

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's called "Burnt Steel" and it was a 2002.5 or 2003 color. It's not in the 2002 catalog but I remember seeing it within a year after I ordered my KJ in October 2001.

I like the color, too.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I love the orange with the green bumper and grille. Now you just need the fenders, rear bumper, and matching green wheels that came on those to complete the look.

Eddielee

Reaction score
My '07 is painted that color (or close to it). It's called: "Inferno Red Crystal Pearl" and is listed on my build sheet as PRH and also QRHS. Hope that helps...........eddielee

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Same color, just different model years.

I can't find any pics of a 2005. I KNOW THEY DO exist, I've seen all of.... ONE!!! :p

EDIT: Make that Two. Just saw this picture from user "tomcat" on the front page:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the one my friend has... although the color is hard to see due to the poor picture quality. Hers was the first I ever saw in that color.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many were made in that color?? I also have to wonder again why that color is not listed in the brochures :freak3: (I have every US Liberty brochure except 2008 and 2009)