Rancho's up north

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all fellow Canukleheads...

RSX17505 is still available through Bumper-to-Bumper locations. I ordered mine today, $120 ea and three weeks wait. Something about a warehouse in Ontario and a long truck ride. Now, I need to find an OME supplier..... NEW lift coming by May.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what lift are you going for? we should see if the 2 of us would count as a group buy! LOL

Group buy through Bumper to Bumper? Ya gotta be kidding right?

Anyways, got the shocks coming, some OME790s and some new hardware from Mopar, maybe a couple of rear spring iso's and some new springs out back too. Nothing special, just a replacement for some worn out stuff.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Nice, ya I am pretty sure my susp. is still original (bought the 04 used so not to sure, now have 138000km), im starting to bottom out going over speed bumps :eek:, so i guess it's time for an upgrade...
Oh ya kidding about the group buy LOL.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new lift will comprise of OME790?RSX17505 up front, with top plates and clevis as required. The rear end has new Skyjacker N8088 shocks and I'm going to replace the springs with some OME 948 as well. Might add a an upper isolator on each side as required.

While I'm at it, I've got new sway bar bushings and new clevis bushings to put in and some new front spring isolators.

The lift I installed in April of 2006 is pretty tired. The Rusty's shocks and springs have had it. I'm looking forward to the work and of course the reward that will follow.

More mods include Boiler's front skid to fill the void between the lower plate on my ARB and the front suspension skid as wellm as a pair of rock rails. Either from RRO or BoulderBars. If RockLizard gets back into building stuff I'll hit him up for his rails. Personally, I'd rather support a small time fabricator who has devoted his time to fabbing KJ gear than some shop somewhere.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, ordered my springs from NSOR, spoke to Brandon, he didn't laugh when I asked for KJ parts. $90 ea. Cheapest I could find. Also ordered 4 new spring isos for the front, 2 upper spring isos for the rear and two new clevis to LCA bushings from www.moparonlineparts.com . Even after the $60 UPS freight, the parts are way cheaper than through the dealer here. For example, the front spring isos are $32 ea from Chrysler Canada, only $12 from the mopar site. All the stuff that I ordered would have cost over $200 from the dealer here. All told, $160 USD, or about $161 CDN for the rubber bits. Can't wait for the boxes to start showing up.:D

I'll be sure to post a pile of pics. I say that all the time and hardly post any!! I get too carried away in the work to take pics.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be sure to post a pile of pics. I say that all the time and hardly post any!! I get too carried away in the work to take pics.

Know how that is,ever time I start some Jeep project.....need a sidekick to photograph while one works.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS guy stopped by today. All the rubber bits and some new bushings are in. Yay. Waiting on the springs and shocks. Hope the stuff shows up soon!! The nose on my KJ now dives some fierce when I step on the brakes.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
UPS guy stopped by today. All the rubber bits and some new bushings are in. Yay. Waiting on the springs and shocks. Hope the stuff shows up soon!! The nose on my KJ now dives some fierce when I step on the brakes.

Mine too...so much for the oh so better OME coils.Kick.gif

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine too...so much for the oh so better OME coils.Kick.gif
What's up there Derick? OME coils not doing it for you? Which ones are you running? I've got some 790s coming for the front end. I'm hoping that they'll be stiff enough to support my bumper and winch.

Ian

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with Matt @ NSOR. My 790s ship today, three week wait on the 948s. Bummer.:mad: At least the rear springs are a piece o cake to swap out.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
What's up there Derick? OME coils not doing it for you? Which ones are you running? I've got some 790s coming for the front end. I'm hoping that they'll be stiff enough to support my bumper and winch.

Ian

I'm not sure, but they are sagged something awful. I measured the front end the other night, and it measured 21 1/4...from 22 3/4 a year ago. I have no extra weight up front that wasn't there a year ago. I guess I need some new coils now too. My front tire rub has gotten significantly worse over the last 6 months. I may end up going 790's this summer. Once I get my A-arms, I will see if that helps put the front end geometry back in place....if not...hello new springs! Hell I had better lift with my Rusty's front springs over the same usage time period.:rolleyes:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so, it's June 1rst and my shocks still are NOT here. They are on their way. That the folks at Bumper-to-Bumper can tell me for certain. Seems the stock in Ontario vanished. They've gone directly to Rancho and my shocks are coming from a warehouse in Arkansas. Same price. Good thing I'm patient, yelling won't make my shocks show up any sooner.

I did install the springs and new Rancho 17004s out back. I was surprised to see that my Rusty's front shocks were not completely clapped out.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Well that *****, but definitely worth waiting for!!! U should see if you can get a tracking number from the warehouse in Arkansas, at least that way you have an idea of what is going on...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James, I had a message on my answering machine when I got home today. My new Ranchos are now wrapped in OME790 and bolted to my KJ. The dude at Bumper to Bumper said to come pick them up right away before they send them back. Turns out it was the stock dude and not the counter dude I deal with all the time. When I went to pick them up I asked what the hurry was, I waited 10 weeks for those shocks, they could wait a day or two before I picked them up. They honoured their price too. $120 each. Pretty good considering that Moroe Sensa-craps are $145 each for the KJ.

Ride is awesome.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
James, I had a message on my answering machine when I got home today. My new Ranchos are now wrapped in OME790 and bolted to my KJ. The dude at Bumper to Bumper said to come pick them up right away before they send them back. Turns out it was the stock dude and not the counter dude I deal with all the time. When I went to pick them up I asked what the hurry was, I waited 10 weeks for those shocks, they could wait a day or two before I picked them up. They honoured their price too. $120 each. Pretty good considering that Moroe Sensa-craps are $145 each for the KJ.

Ride is awesome.

NICE, sounds great! Now we just need to get out there and test our new suspension!!!!
James

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower Control Bushings - ack.

(Not finding Rancho's anymore as I wanted - Bilsteins coming up! So hijacking this old Rancho thread as you mentioned LCA bushing replacement)
Looking around now to get fasteners (mine are going to be hell to remove, worse to reuse - slathered the front and rear for winter with silicone lube on bushes and rustcheck canada green by hand on all metal - will clean it all up and black out and rebush when I get time and parts are all here) now bushings...

Looking at my original bushings on LCA to Clevis they are smooshed - want to either get the MOOG K7389 23$ or maybe just go OE at 15$ each... ?

How the hell am I going to get them out ?! Will I have to remove the LCA and get into a press or is there a not too violent way to press them out with the arms still on?

The deeper I go into this lift, the more parts I'm realizing going to need... and more work of course. Something to get going over the holidays or when snowed in I guess...

Merry Christmas Canadians!