Radiator and heater hose recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I need to order parts to do a cooling system refresh (water pump, thermostat, radiator and heater hoses) and was wondering if there were recommendations on the radiator and heater hoses? The Mopar radiator hoses are only about $6 more each than the Gates equivalents so probably going with those but the heater hose assembly is quite expensive for the Mopar part. I see that Dorman has the assembly for $30 cheaper. Anyone have any experience with the Dorman part (or any other advice)?

Thanks!

Scott

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Napa hoses are Gates hoses. That's what I put in mine for the radiator hoses.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been using NAPA hoses for years ( last 45-46 years at least ) with no issues at all

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use NAPA parts. They have good quality and I have had no issues. (I do not have any affiliation with them)

Dave

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation on NAPA hoses. I'm still interested in what you did with the heater hoses. Did you replace the assembly or just remove the crimped on hoses and replace them individually with the NAPA ones? I see they have both options although replacing just the 5 heater hoses with NAPA ones is actually more expensive than getting the whole assembly from Rock Auto.

Thanks!

Scott

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not replaced the heater hoses, but got my new radiator & hoses at NAPA...no problems.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not replaced the heater hoses, but got my new radiator & hoses at NAPA...no problems.

I've always been a firm believer in replacing the heater hoses at the same time as the radiator hoses. Usually I'm doing it do to age or mileage rather than actual failure but a burst heater hose will leave you just as stranded as a burst radiator hose.

Scott

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prestone hoses fit good on top, bottom one was way to long, ended up returning it and reusing old lower

Latest posts

Members online