quick question on struts/lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) I need to replace my front struts in my 05 gas liberity I can get a great deal on pre-assembled struts and springs, complete.

2) Im wondering if theres any diffrence in the struts for the "desil liberity" compared to the "gas liby"? the reason I ask is I just got an 8,500 lb winch for free and would like a little extra support
I realy cant afford OEM stuf right now :-(

3) I'm also in need of the bushings that are in the lower A- arms that the bolt that the strut support goes through.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're going for a winch etc I would go for a OME spring lift and OME / Bilstein shocks, yes we have shocks all around.
Those replacement you're talking about are ok for a short while maybe but for long term and a winch nothing will hold like OME 927s
Diesel ( not desil) springs are rated higher from the factory but not sure how the replacements would be

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
With skids and push bar I lost half an inch though on the 927 in one week, after off road and speed bumps. If any weight up front the OME CRD springs may be the better way to go...

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks

thats what I THOUGHT, but moneys tight right now and its makeing a hell of a racket up front,
I really need the lower bushings though, are there any place online that I could get replacements?

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about online, but NAPA carries the lower bushings for where the strut arm mounts to the lower control arm. You can search napaonline and find them - their description actually lists "strut to arm" - about $12 each - then reserve them for pickup at a local store or ship direct.

Wait a second - got the receipt right here - NAPA P/N is NCP 267-3596, Control Arm Bushing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.