Question on our factory alarms...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Renegade with the Security Group option. The MilQuote documents (an invoice, basically) simply describe this option as Theft Deterrent, Sentry Key, Cargo Cover...something like that.

I hear these factory alarms don't have shock sensors. So a thief can smash all my windows and crawl through it, ripoff all my accessories/contents and crawl back out the window and the alarm will never go off.

I hear there is a way to add on to our existing factory alarm... am I looking at the correct part?

www.1stjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/127_130/products_id/1215

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup thats it. But ive never seen it that cheap. Jeep only sells it for $130. I might get that little guy. If you get it, tell me how it goes.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that the interior sensor only worked with the EVS system which is an add on for vehicles that do not come with a factory alarm and it does not work with the factory installed security system. This was old to me by a parts counter person, so take it for what is is worth.

Bob

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... as I read into the EVS Base System description in that website, Gentleman may be right. The Infrared IT sensor is an add on to the EVS Base system, which even in appearance does not resemble our factory alarms.

Specifically designed for vehicles without power door locks, this system includes two transmitters to arm and disarm, siren and starter interrupt. Optional shock sensor that provides vehicles content protection is also available, order (PN 04886260AB).

What to do now?? (Aeh)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Factory installed Security Systems guard against vehicle theft; IT-s guards against tampering, towing, theft of parts, accessories and the contents."

I think what it is saying is that a factory installed system guards the vehicle from theft, but the EVS with the infared sesnsor protects from tampering. If it works with the factory system I will buy it, just don't want to be the guiena pig

Bob

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game... I say the loser buys it, tests it out, and submit a review. LOL! O:)