Putting together a lift kit, 2003 liberty sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b1m3x8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well reguardless, are these: BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 2.5" Lift Rear Shock actually extended 2.5"?

Just make sure you order the bushings for the Blisteins. From JBA: "Bilstein does not supply the bushing kit needed for the optimum fit on the Liberty. This can be ordered separately at check out. One kit per pair of shocks." $13.99.

Bilstein Bushing Kit (one kit per pair)

-----
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from JBA, I've never heard of them giving out any discounts or coupons.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks VAHlene. Whoo, $694...

That's pretty steep... are there any sorts of discounts or coupons for jeepinbyal?

Steep?
No discounts, getting a good price the way it is
Price out a complete lift for a JK/TJ/XJ or any other 4 wheel drive that includes everything

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Or take a gander at the Frankenlift price ... then add $300 for brokerage to the Great White North :D

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks VAHlene. Whoo, $694...

That's pretty steep... are there any sorts of discounts or coupons for jeepinbyal?

I thought the same thing until I did research and got a lot of info from Tommudd and the rest of the crew here. It is definetly worth the money to go to JBA I luv my 3.5" Econo lift:Big Laugh:

brokendad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy your Bilstein's through shockwarehouse.com, great prices and when you checkout put jeepkj in the discount box that's 5% off not much but it all helps. The bilstein's that fit the rear and are longer are actually for a 2002-2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab pickup.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Buy your Bilstein's through shockwarehouse.com, great prices and when you checkout put jeepkj in the discount box that's 5% off not much but it all helps. The bilstein's that fit the rear and are longer are actually for a 2002-2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab pickup.

Yep better prices until you have a bad one

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints with my Bilsteins. I've had them for almost 8 months now and wheeled my Jeep pretty hard and they have held up great.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no complaints with my Bilsteins. I've had them for almost 8 months now and wheeled my Jeep pretty hard and they have held up great.

I've installed a bunch of the Bilsteins here and no complaints at all from anyone.
Of course every now and again you may have a failure in anything but they're a great shock and no worries

LionAndTheLam

Reaction score
Alright i just got all the parts in, ironman front and rear springs, rear blistein shocks (Dakota quad cab), front ironman struts, teraflex bumpstops (2), blistein bushing kit but no rear bumstops.

Before i go ahead and get myself into a hole, anyone have any pics of how to install the teraflex bump stops?

Plus i got some pretty sweet stickers from JBA. (Always a plus ;D)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright i just got all the parts in, ironman front and rear springs, rear blistein shocks (Dakota quad cab), front ironman struts, teraflex bumpstops (2), blistein bushing kit but no rear bumstops.

Before i go ahead and get myself into a hole, anyone have any pics of how to install the teraflex bump stops?

Plus i got some pretty sweet stickers from JBA. (Always a plus ;D)

Dodge Dakota 4 wheel drive I assume if not they are stock length
Bumpstops in the front just pop up in
you'll see when you pry the old ones out very easy to reinstall

LionAndTheLam

Reaction score
ok and just making sure, i ordered the right amount of the bump stops correct? One per side? and yes, stock dodge dakota 4x4

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok and just making sure, i ordered the right amount of the bump stops correct? One per side? and yes, stock dodge dakota 4x4

Yes, one Terraflex bumpstop per side in front - they replace the stockers that are already there.

As Tom said, buy four hockey pucks (two per side) for the rear. Install them with a carriage bolt and nut by drilling through the lower spring perch running the bolt through holes drilled in the pucks and the perch and a nut and lockwasher underneath the perch. The hockey pucks will hit the upper bumpstop on compression and prevent crunching the shocks.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Carriage bolt if you never / ever want to remove them again,
bolt gets rusty, spins all the way through, PITA.............................
Regular bolt with washer on top if you'd like to remove some day