Programming Key FOB (2006) Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
I have a new key it needs to be cut already, but is there any way I can program it myself?

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you already have 2 working keys, you should be able to. Otherwise no.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two other working keys or the upscale EVIC (vs basic OTIS)

You must be registered for see images attach

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A locksmith local to you might be able to do the programming cheaper than a dealer would.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you have either an 06 or 07 and looks like a sport that doesn't have the fancy thing overhead that is pictured above.

That would mean it is like mine and you must have 2 keys to program a 3rd or you have to use a dealer or locksmith.

I have already been through this with a dealer. Get in touch with a locksmith or an independent mopar shop. One of the cheapest ways I can think of is getting up with your used car dealer and finding out when his key guy comes by. Then you can be there that day and time and find out what the damage is.

I have ran with one key since the beginning, and still yet have one key after a SKREEM failure. I did a delete so I guess I could just cut a regular key now and be on my way. I don't have the security anymore and lost my keyless entry as well unfortunately. But if you were to go to a dealer to see how much they want to do keys or fix a security failure you'd understand. Unbelievable.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
I see you have either an 06 or 07 and looks like a sport that doesn't have the fancy thing overhead that is pictured above.

That would mean it is like mine and you must have 2 keys to program a 3rd or you have to use a dealer or locksmith.

I have already been through this with a dealer. Get in touch with a locksmith or an independent mopar shop. One of the cheapest ways I can think of is getting up with your used car dealer and finding out when his key guy comes by. Then you can be there that day and time and find out what the damage is.

I have ran with one key since the beginning, and still yet have one key after a SKREEM failure. I did a delete so I guess I could just cut a regular key now and be on my way. I don't have the security anymore and lost my keyless entry as well unfortunately. But if you were to go to a dealer to see how much they want to do keys or fix a security failure you'd understand. Unbelievable.
Oh I totally understand regarding the dealer... It is ridiculous

Boueux

Reaction score
I have a new key it needs to be cut already, but is there any way I can program it myself?

I know it’s been awhile and this post was written in 2022.. but for anyone who shows up looking.. try following these instructions to program a new fob OR check the manual. ..

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

Correct. Also in late 2007s they removed the self program feature, though is in some of early 07s