Problem or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing this for a while and what it is is that when i have my lights on at night and go to roll the windows up or down the lights dim outside and inside noticeably while i have the button pressed. what could this be? :shrug:

thanks,
sal

p.s. i have a subwoofer in the back as well as an ipod jack that charges my ipod simultaneously if that helps narrow it down considering they take some electricity to operate.

oh and since its on my mind: i was driving in the snow the other day in 4HI and when i went to go again after a stop sign i couldnt move. i knew i wasnt stuck cuz thats just not possible. so i went to shift the transfer case to 2WD and when i pushed it hit something that seemed like it was spinning so i kept it in 4HI , put the car in neutral and went back to drive and all was good. what happened? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

thanks again

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the lights: You're just using a lot of battery power. My Liberty does this too, just not as noticeably. I had two JL Audio W6's and an 800w amp in there a few years back, and it did the same thing as your car did. You might want to consider getting a better battery if it really bothers you that much. Otherwise, it's not a big issue. Some say you could put a capacitor on your sound-system. I tried that a few years ago, and it didn't work.

There are gonna be better sources in here to address the 4wd problem. I've had this happen in pickups before. Not sure what causes it.

:cheers:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal on the lights.

As far as the T-case goes...did you have it shifted all the way into 4-HI? It might have just slipped out. Or you might have kneed it out or something. Just a guess. I've never had a problem.

Members online

No members online now.