powered sub locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed a powered sub in an out of the way location like under the seat or any location other than the cargo area? I purchased a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD sub woofer from Crutchfield hoping it would fit under one of the front seats. Problem is it doesn't fit flat under the seats in a way I can bolt it to the floor... has any one come up with a different sub or location that has worked? I don't want to mount it to the floor in the cargo area because I often carry camping and sporting gear and have to put the back seats down.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine under the passenger rear seat. Fits really nice and when you want to fold the seat down you just have to pull it a little bit forward. Here is a pic of it on the driver side but that didn't work for seat folding so I had to move it.

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4709-img-0973-2.jpg

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok Cool how did you get it under there? did you have to unbolt the seat? The Jack and tire iron is under the passenger side in mine, did you have to relocate that? Not like the jack is really worth much since I'm lifted it don't lift high enough to change the tire.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok Cool how did you get it under there? did you have to unbolt the seat? The Jack and tire iron is under the passenger side in mine, did you have to relocate that? Not like the jack is really worth much since I'm lifted it don't lift high enough to change the tire.

Ya I threw my jack in back... wont help me anyways as well haha.

I had to remove just the front bracket bolt(s) on the seat to pull it up a little so I could slide it in.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I got one of these a couple months ago and have it under the rear seat on the driver's side:

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Compact-Enclosed-Subwoofer/dp/B00BO8O9XQ

Yours looks comparable and seems to be a good deal.

There is a lip on the floorboard about in line with the front of the rear seat which keeps the thing from sliding forward and I have had no trouble with it. I just set the thing under there, wired it up, then commenced rocking and rolling. It makes Benny Goodman really swing, baby! (That's a joke - I ain't THAT old...) :gr_grin:

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I threw my jack in back... wont help me anyways as well haha.

I had to remove just the front bracket bolt(s) on the seat to pull it up a little so I could slide it in.

yeah.... I had a screw in my tire once and tried to change it in a car park I pull off the road to. The stock jack lifted it but not quite enough to get the full tire on the vehicle. but had the flat off I had to call AAA and it was funny as hell when he showed up he was like "looks like you're doing it why am I here?" I'm like I can't lift it high enough with this stupid jack. he took over with a floor ******** the truck. I probably should have a jack that works to carry but ehh, I have AAA :signs6:

I have not had the sub hooked up and not heard it yet at all. hoping it sounds good. I have an Alpine 145BT head unit and decent Kenwood 6.5" in all the doors plus the stock dash tweeters that came with the infinity system originally. I'm am just looking for some real bass to round it out the other speakers are ok but not great at the low end. :rocking:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one of these a couple months ago and have it under the rear seat on the driver's side:

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Compact-Enclosed-Subwoofer/dp/B00BO8O9XQ

Yours looks comparable and seems to be a good deal.

There is a lip on the floorboard about in line with the front of the rear seat which keeps the thing from sliding forward and I have had no trouble with it. I just set the thing under there, wired it up, then commenced rocking and rolling. It makes Benny Goodman really swing, baby! (That's a joke - I ain't THAT old...) :gr_grin:

How does that fill the cabin of the Jeep? I might consider this for the Jeep. I have an amp to pair with a sub for the Scion.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
How does that fill the cabin of the Jeep? I might consider this for the Jeep. I have an amp to pair with a sub for the Scion.

It is plenty for me, and I am by no means maxing it out. I set my head unit to cut off everything below 100Hz to the door speakers and let the sub handle that. The door speakers and tweeters sound much clearer and I get all the bass I need. Since the sub is powered, it takes a load off the amp in the head unit as well.

Keep in mind that "all the bass I need" in my case is for a 57-year-old guy who does not like rap. There are easy instructions for adding a second sub should the first one not be enough. I have never felt the need, but if you want to knock stuff off of people's china cupboards when you drive by there is always that option.

Members online

No members online now.