Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a ? , I have a clunk coming from the passenger side front and rear, rear has two, one when I take off , the second hit a bump, front kinda when you go up a driveway incline ? No mechanic here !

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I have a ? , I have a clunk coming from the passenger side front and rear, rear has two, one when I take off , the second hit a bump, front kinda when you go up a driveway incline ? No mechanic here !

Usually, the front end is sway bar bushings.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Here’s one of them in action rear lower control arms in Salt Belt. Failed completely 60 miles later on the way to the dealership for free recall replacement.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering I've been rear ended at some levels 6 times (2 while towing a trailer, and one vs a F350 farm super duty. The 6 bolt hitch apparently counts for something, as the only damage from the F350 to the actual vehicle was where the spare tire pushed in.

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s one of them in action rear lower control arms in Salt Belt. Failed completely 60 miles later on the way to the dealership for free recall replacement.
You must be registered for see images attach
Jeepers...Gotta scrape and paint your rust periodically...

motor33

Reaction score
They refuse to do a recall at the NHTSA's request:
Chrysler Says No To Government Recall Request « CBS Detroit
I bought a kj about 4 years ago with less than 70000 miles on it off of ebay motors. The vehicle was in fla, i live in az carfax showed an open recall at the time for a trailer hitch install due to gas tank fires on rear end collisions. Seller had the hitch installed before I picked up the jeep. Is that the reason Chrysler is stating all is ok. Does DOT not know what they have done in the past or am I out of touch??

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my Jeeps have nice modern towbar thanks to the recall, not entirely sure why as they are both diesel so very hard to light!

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a kj about 4 years ago with less than 70000 miles on it off of ebay motors. The vehicle was in fla, i live in az carfax showed an open recall at the time for a trailer hitch install due to gas tank fires on rear end collisions. Seller had the hitch installed before I picked up the jeep. Is that the reason Chrysler is stating all is ok. Does DOT not know what they have done in the past or am I out of touch??

We received the recall notice several years ago. On following up with it, the dealer actually refused to install the fix (a new receiver hitch) because they deemed the existing hitch as sufficient.

I've had several vehicles with rear fuel tanks over the years. Never concerned me.

I am surprised that many of our KJ's dont have ABS and there hasnt been a recall for it. (I am content to not have ABS actually.)

Latest posts

Members online