Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Breakage is Nature's way of telling you to upgrade....:gr_grin:

Thats what I've been working on, reason why the rear diff has had so many changes in last few months, now huge set back until......
drill, heat, bend, cuss, break easy out....yeah its one of those days
Then top it off M&G tomorrow with PA, Michigan and Buckeyes heres

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ANYBODY can solve it, you can! Maybe Buddy Weiser and Jimmy Beam will show up tomorrow to help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If ANYBODY can solve it, you can! Maybe Buddy Weiser and Jimmy Beam will show up tomorrow to help...

Hmm... His name is Tom - maybe he's going to trick the other guys into doing all that work for him. Probably have them whitewash the fence while they're at it, too... :happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Toooooooo many hard launches and too many times removing my rear tri-link testing a new setup, results broken bolts in the rear diff, twisted them puppies right off , well two of them :icon_lol::icon_lol:
Time for _____ ______ and ________
Titanium Bolts & Mega Beer! :icon_lol:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a computer guy and it used to be that every time something broke I would be sad for about thirty seconds, then immediately start scheming to replace it with something much better. :icon_lol:

THAT'S how you upgrade..."Need new shocks, honey...Ironman is a good brand, all the guys on the Forum say so!" (sorry, LeeAnn...meant it in the genderless sense)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if my local dealership would answer the phone or return my messages. I've called them three times. Once after every notice.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like one, I can't see how a skid under the tank would help with a rear-end collision.
Check out the pics in my thread. It protects more than just the bottom. And when used along with a hitch it's solid back there.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH CHRYSLER !!!!!! Why don't YOU just give me the $356.00 for a Skid Row gas tank skid and I'll never bother you again??

P.S. I won't even bill you for the labor to install...

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the pics in my thread. It protects more than just the bottom. And when used along with a hitch it's solid back there.
How does that one compare to the OEM skid?

For that matter, I didn't see anywhere in the article where they were talking skids. It was mostly grumbling about the slow pace of the hitch install.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that one compare to the OEM skid?

For that matter, I didn't see anywhere in the article where they were talking skids. It was mostly grumbling about the slow pace of the hitch install.

what else could they do for the protection of the tank? i talked to a bunch of the guys here at windsor assembly and they seem to believe that a skid would be the next step.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd favor a ballistic missile defense. Failing that, rear mounted machine guns would be nice. Might make tailgaters think twice.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why didn't they just put the gas tank inside the vehicle, safely below the drivers seat like they were in the old jeeps? lol

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Why didn't they just put the gas tank inside the vehicle, safely below the drivers seat like they were in the old jeeps? lol

I couldn't do that because I have a hole in the floor beneath the drivers seat. It kills two birds with one stone: I use Flintstone propulsion and therefore don't need to fill the gas tank at all. Win-Win.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd favor a ballistic missile defense. Failing that, rear mounted machine guns would be nice. Might make tailgaters think twice.

I think a roof mounted GE mini-gun would be just about right.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like one, I can't see how a skid under the tank would help with a rear-end collision.

My Renegade was rear ended over a month ago at about 50-60kph while I was almost stopped, Hitch and receiver hook took most the impact but skid plate was dented in and touching the gas tank, I can imagine the tank would have been damaged if there had been no skid plate and I can't imagine if I did not have a hitch.

Latest posts

Members online