Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sent out recall notices, but that's about it. They're dragging their feet big time on this, with the claim that it's going to take several years to make enough hitches. But yes, when parts become available you'll be able to go get a free hitch installed.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships now have them in stock. Having take a look at one this morning I would say this is more of the class 4 rather than a class 3 hitch.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting....I was in the dealership down the street and they pretty much laughed at the idea it would be any time soon. maybe I should call around

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this thing weighs anywhere from 60 to 80lbs easy. Im already getting my friend/advisor to get me set up to have mine put on. The Parts guys are cracking jokes they will need another recall for the rear shocks because of these hitches.

Geepster

Reaction score
Hitch going on

Mine's scheduled Thursday for installation. We'll see how it goes. I'm told I'm the first KJ. They just did a ZJ.
And yes it is a class 4 hitch.

Neal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have mine setup for this coming Tuesday, anyone have it installed yet?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed today, it's a pretty beefy hitch, was talking with the service manager said they weigh in at about 70 lbs. Also said it's nice to see a vehicles come in that someone takes pride in owning and is well taken care of, was asking about my lift and other mods I have done, guess his wife has a CRD and he wants to start modding it. Mine was the first KJ they have done the recall on as they just got hitches in yesterday so they were kinda excited to do it and see how it fit. I will try and get some pics.

Neal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the hitch wiring kit(curt#55382) from best buy, on sale for $27.99, with free shipping.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment set some time during the week, I'll have to ask my co-worker when he set me up. There's been a bit of a fight since I am one of two employees that have Liberties. I do not have a hitch, he does but he doesn't care since he already has a hitch. They want customers to come before any employees, only issue is that this recall is not very organized and therefore if push came to shove it could be a couple months before I get a hitch installed.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the recall letter. I have got four recall letters about the occupant restraint control module filter circuit, but none about the fuel tank.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't got the second recall letter yet that the hitches are in......not holding my breath.

Dave

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed today, it's a pretty beefy hitch, was talking with the service manager said they weigh in at about 70 lbs. Also said it's nice to see a vehicles come in that someone takes pride in owning and is well taken care of, was asking about my lift and other mods I have done, guess his wife has a CRD and he wants to start modding it. Mine was the first KJ they have done the recall on as they just got hitches in yesterday so they were kinda excited to do it and see how it fit. I will try and get some pics.

Does it come with the towing ball on the piece of square section steel that slots into the hitch, I imagine you would have to buy that?

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found there is no policy employees come last, we're just waiting for a hitch to arrive to begin the process for me now.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting at my dealer getting mine installed currently...class four would be nice! I hope it's not a 3!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With hitches on hand, the dealers should be smart enough not to put one person behind another except for scheduling reasons, since safety recalls are federally mandated. This isn't a cosmetic issue. Turn you away because you're an employee, and then you get injured in a rearend crash, makes them vulnerable for a big lawsuit that they would likely lose. One owner isn't any more or less important than another just because of where they work.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With hitches on hand, the dealers should be smart enough not to put one person behind another except for scheduling reasons, since safety recalls are federally mandated. This isn't a cosmetic issue. Turn you away because you're an employee, and then you get injured in a rearend crash, makes them vulnerable for a big lawsuit that they would likely lose. One owner isn't any more or less important than another just because of where they work.

Nicely said!